Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007 | 05:21 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by Vino
Have you tried Stevinson for service?
Hi Vino,

I don't do PMs but e-mailed you last night with more details. Since you let the cat out of the bag....<g>

We're in sync on Stevinson and the right SA to get. I couldn't figure it out until I realized that he was also a Tech. Then it made perfect sense. He's a great guy.

Funny you brought up the Rental car. That's the one thing that I wish Stevinson would change. Some of the other Porsche dealers in the area do their own loaners (either Audi or Cayenne). That's much nicer but I'll live with the rental for the service I get.

I'm ahead of you on getting latest DME update. I just got a back the other day so the jury will be out for a few weeks months.

On the up shifting, I think that's more related to the TCM. The last TCM I got had the thing shifting even better than when I drove it off the lot new. As is usual with the Cayenne that got 'learned' right out with the way I have to drive around town.

Sitting for three weeks? Do you have dual batteries?

I hope we're not hijacking Droptop's thread too much. Should we move this to a new thread?
Old 02-27-2007 | 05:24 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by Rider1
Oh go ahead and take the ML63 test drive and bring your checkbook
I’d do that in a heart beat if my Wife hadn't been so tanited by my experince. She'd be getting the CT and make it clear to me when I was looking at the Cayenne that I wasn't getting the ML55 back if the CT wasn't all it seemed to be.

It just doesn't seem fair to saddle her with the CT unless I can get things corrected.
Old 02-27-2007 | 05:57 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
What year is your CT? Am I naive to assume that this has been resolved in '06s?

Anyone out here/there with an '06 CTT, can you comment on the hesitation/turbo lag/eGas?
Mine is an '04 but I don't buy the alpha, beta thing on this front. Some folks that have '06s have felt the pain too. It's mostly about the control modules and software revisions. I've worked hard to make sure I have all the updates.

The hesitation/wrong gear issue applies to Cayenne S and Turbo. I've had PCNA tell me that it's least problematic on the Cayenne. Some people feel like it's an issue, others have no idea what you're talking about.

I've felt for years that it was experienced more on the Turbo and for those of use that drive in stop and go traffic. You can _not_ safely drive a CT aggressively around town so that the systems don't earn lazy responses. When I've had a loaner Cayenne S I was able drive thrash 'em a bit more and stay out of the lazy zone more.

The latest DME update is for any Cayenne built before April 2006. It's targeted at addressing left foot brakers (which is that Porsche/PCNA chalked these related complaints from the get go) and quicker build up of torque when transitioning from the brake to accelerator pedal. This fits with my feeling that there were more issues for those of us that drove in in stop and go traffic.

You really need to search for Rider1 and Cthronson's posts on the ML63 vs. CT. I seems like they're in a good position to give you a read on the '06.

To that I'll add that I wouldn't trust any Cayenne not to have the issue until you've driven it for quite while like you're going to on a day-to-day basis. Honest dealers will tell you that the symptoms are going to be less after things are reset. I can flat out tell you the CT I drove off the lot new and half way across country was not the one I had after driving it around town for a while.

Last edited by bancu; 02-28-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2007 | 09:11 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bancu
To that I'll add that I wouldn't trust any Cayenne not to have the issue until you've driven it for quite while like you're going to on a day to day basis. Honest dealers will tell you that the symptoms are going to be less after things are reset. I can flat out tell you the CT I drove off the lot new and half way across country was not the one I had after driving it around town for a while.
I knew that, but part of me wanted to hear something different. Thank you for such a detailed response. I'm going to start a different thread in order not to spam droptop's mailbox.
Old 03-09-2007 | 07:35 AM
droptop
Pro

Default well.....

i signed on the dotted line today, i are officially a "lemon law signer".

now i just have to wait for porsche to arrange to take it back, and give me my money back.

and find something else.
Old 03-09-2007 | 07:47 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Congratulations.
So I guess now is your chance to try all those things you always wanted to try in the Cayenne (jumping over a school bus, driving in water up to the door handles like the advertisements, etc).

Looking forward to seeing you in another Cayenne soon.
Old 03-14-2007 | 05:32 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

In true Monty Python spirit ---- So are you "Cayenne" dead yet?
Old 03-14-2007 | 10:38 PM
droptop
Pro

Default yah, know...

they have 30 days to arrange for the exchange, if they don't hurry up, i may need yet ANOTHER set of tires for the beast. then i will have to sell the TWO new sets of wheels/tires i have in the shop, and get on with my life (back to the miata for most of the summer).

the cayenne is awfully fun to drive. it gets looks from alot of people. however, i have begun to view porsche ownership as some disease that i am finally being cured of (in 30 days at least). the fleet of "used" 06's (with 5 miles) would interest me (with CPO, 6 years/100k miles)... except it would be porsche doing the warranty. i already know a verse to that song, don't really want to learn another.

i always viewed porsche as one of the "absolutes". how disturbing to find out that your hero has feet of clay. customer service that was something more than trying to push me past end of warranty would have saved me. the car is a machine, it can fail (at least in a universe that obeys the second law of thermodynamics). the failure of the porsche organization in even coming close to caring about MY experience with the car is what is even more disturbing.

another cayenne? hell, another PORSCHE? don't really think so. been there, done that, and i don't think i even get a t-shirt, much less a coffee mug.
Old 03-14-2007 | 10:50 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

That's too bad that you had to go through that. What can I say, they are great cars but the company is so hooked on making money that they forget about the customers, which drives off customers in long run. IMHO they would make a lot more money if they didn't do this crap.
Old 03-14-2007 | 11:17 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice to hear you are getting the resolution you wish for.

Old 03-15-2007 | 08:49 AM
droptop
Pro

Default oh, no...

what i would have wished for was to get a maintainable vehicle, with adequate dealer service from knowledgeable technicians.

what i would have wished for was to be treated as a respected customer, a person who was willing to shell out 75k for a car, one of a fairly small pool of potential clients.

what i would have wished for would have been to be given a decent loaner while they were FIXING my car, instead of last years altima while they weren't fixing it.

what i would have wished for was to get the real deal. instead i got the automotive equivalent of a stripper, a flash of skin and a very well advertised fantasy, that doesn't show the two kids and 3 ex husbands at 22.

at least what i got was to get out of it with a medium charge for usage and get to avoid trying to sell a malfunctioning vehicle during the 06 glut, or trying to pour money into it for the next however many miles i could stand it.

but, at least i have learned something from this. probably 10 years from now i will have to learn it again with MB (have already done my audi mistake).

don't date strippers anymore either....
Old 03-15-2007 | 10:50 AM
Vino
Racer

droptop,

I too am happy to hear your dealings with Porsche have come to a conclusion and somewhat positive outcome.

Though some of us have been blessed with great dealers, I do think they are the ones who will make the Porsche experience hit or miss, period.

Anyway, stick around and let us know what you eventually plan on getting for your next ride
Old 03-28-2007 | 09:51 AM
droptop
Pro

Default and....

i STILL have a cayenne....

if they don't hurry up and take this thing back i will have to buy new tires for it again. they have 30 days (10 remaining) to implement the arbitrator's decision, and it looks like they are going to use every one.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH
Old 03-28-2007 | 04:01 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by droptop
don't date strippers anymore either....
Neither do I...

But what fun it was!!!

Old 03-30-2007 | 01:01 AM
droptop
Pro