Sponsored by:

Goodbye to the Tucson dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Goodbye to the Tucson dealer

Some may think I bitch to much about dealers. I think one of the most useful things abut these boards is that they steer us away from bad service providers, so I'll post this.

I bought 2 cars from these guys in 06. It took forever to get phones put into them. Then they tried to jack the price up on what they quoted and what I was going pay when installed. They just seem have that attitude that they don't care. I was trying to get the oil changed in my Cayenne before I moved and they haven't bothered to even return my phone calls. Where I am moving to is 200 miles from the nearest dealer.

So I hope the dealer in New Mexico is better. I just hate dealing with dealerships where after you pay a lot for their cars and they just could care less about service.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
birdman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is unfortunate. I have experienced the opposite from my local dealer. I relocated to Atlanta about two years ago. When I took my Boxster in for service the dealer provided a Cayenne as a loaner for the weekend. They were professional and treated me as a valued customer even though I did not buy the car from them. Based on my service experience I purchased a 997 from them, and am considering replacing my BMW with a Cayenne.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
Some may think I bitch to much about dealers. I think one of the most useful things abut these boards is that they steer us away from bad service providers, so I'll post this. I bought 2 cars from these guys in 06. It took forever to get phones put into them. Then they tried to jack the price up on what they quoted and what I was going pay when installed. They just seem have that attitude that they don't care. I was trying to get the oil changed in my Cayenne before I moved and they haven't bothered to even return my phone calls. Where I am moving to is 200 miles from the nearest dealer.

So I hope the dealer in New Mexico is better. I just hate dealing with dealerships where after you pay a lot for their cars and they just could care less about service.
Porsche N.A. (PCNA) does have concern about the quality of its dealer network. Some dealers do think that they are untouchable because they sell a lot of cars and/or have enjoyed a long relationship with PAG; but, I do believe that you can do something about "bad" dealers. Write PCNA in Atlanta.. don't be emotional.. state facts about how the dealer is cavalier or non-responsive and I assure you that they will respond. But, emotional letters threatening to file legal action are almost laughable.. PAG and the dealers have you going through arbitration which is generally more forgiving to the manf. than legal action in courts (which is why you sign those lengthy arbitration contracts when you buy a car). Dealer service ratings are important.. so much so that my dealer (which is one of the best) practically begs you to give them 10's on all surveys.. the intimation is that anything less than 10 (or the highest rating if words like excellent vs. very good) hurts them in PCNA incentives etc. particularly hold-backs. So.. you want to hurt a dealer?? a. don't go back and tell 10 friends. b. write a well-worded and logical letter to our friend Peter (PCNA CEO) explaining how the dealer isn't "delivering" on the Porsche mystique or marquee of excellence.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:17 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default they should have a concern

out of the 3 dealers i have been to on service, one rated as "completely incompetent", one rated as "mostly incompetent, but pleasant" and one rated as "sub average, but nice". the dallas dealership at least gave me a cayenne loaner, as opposed to tulsa's nissan altima, which at least beat OKC's flat "you didn't buy the car here so you get to rent your own loaner".

of course, if any of them could have fixed the car, i would have been happy. there is something about the mid south that seems to breed lousy german car dealers, i had a similar experience with audi in this area 12 years ago (both the tulsa and OKC dealers are also audi dealers). i don't think, however, that you will get much done on the dealer network with complaints to PCNA. i suspect their attitude is more "get'em out the door".

i would have contested the statement that the arbitrations are slanted toward the car companies, but no more. my lemon law arbitration was scheduled for the 5th, after "nobody was available" during most of december. then the guy scheduled to show "injured" himself, and oddly enough, he seems to be the only guy that can do the arbitration (despite the fact that last time they showed up with two tech reps and a lawyer). so my arbitration has been delayed, with no set date for it, and not even a date set when the date will be set. i am currently in discussions with the AG's office about how to proceed.

who knew PCNA was so understaffed.....
Old 01-15-2007, 12:21 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

I wouldn't be using Porsche of Tucson again so posting on this board is as far as I am going with that. The Mercedes dealer here used to have such a bad reputation that it was well known that everyone used to go to Phoenix to buy their cars. They changed hands and now have the opposite reputation. So it can be done. Since Tucson wouldn't change my oil I am now going to have to take it to Albuquerque and I'm holding my breath that they will take care of me. It's over 200 miles and I hope this doesn't end up in going back and forth. Trying to fix the same thing over and over.

These are great cars but you simply have to have good dealer support.

Yes, out the door itis. When the salesman was finishing up with the delivery and getting the Nav to work. The Sales Manager came out and told him to leave me alone and attend to a customer that just walked into the showroom.

"We have his money, leave him alone and go get some more"

PS. I never fill out the dealer surveys because they are just so damn pushy about them. You have to own the car for 6 months to find out the real story
Old 01-15-2007, 11:15 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Why not take it to phoenix? Thats closer than New Mexico.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:17 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by droptop
i would have contested the statement that the arbitrations are slanted toward the car companies, but no more......
Too bad Larry is no longer with us.
I'm pretty sure his response would have been "I told you so".
Old 01-16-2007, 11:54 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

Originally Posted by PTEC
Why not take it to phoenix? Thats closer than New Mexico.

I'm moving to New Mexico as we speak.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Chip

I have had no issues in Albuquerque with service or difficulty getting appointments. They just changed owners last fall and have now run most of the sales guys I knew off. I service writers seem to be different every time I go there also. Not sure about whether they are running the techs off.

I have not had very many problems, and it is very difficult to get a Porsche loaner from them. I have gotten an Audi's recently and in the past a boxster. The service i have had has been responsive and on time.

I am not sure they have a tech that would be able to work on my GT3. Luckily I have not had any problems with it, and I have changed the oil once. I have 36,000 miles on my CTT and have had the oil changed at 10,000 mile intervals and those services were fine. The dealership does not get many allocations and they were not coming off at all on price for the Cayennes so I bought both of the CTT from Brumos and we made a vacation out of driving them back.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:53 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Thanks that's very helpful. It's not the most important thing in the world to have a Porsche loner, as long as it's not built in Korea.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:40 PM
djdinaz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ironic you mention a Korean built loaner, but thats exactly what I got last time I had my CS in for service at the Tucson dealership. Turns out they were out of dealer loaner cars (Audi's & base Cayennes), and called a rental agency, which turned out to be nearly out of cars. I was sporting a Kia for the 3 days my car was in the shop waiting for parts.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default could be worse

i got a ford focus for my A6, one of the many times it was in the shop. went and upgraded the rental myself. one of the many joys of german car ownership.

Quick Reply: Goodbye to the Tucson dealer