Sponsored by:

Just put a deposit on a CS

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:22 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just put a deposit on a CS

Looks like am going to be a driving a silver Cayenne S next week. Not how I imagined my first Porsche to be but maybe that is just the starting point.

This forum was very helpful in making the decision. My plan is to use it as a tow vehicle for a 20' covered aluminum trailer.

It will be fun when people see me take out my M3 from the trailer at the track

So the truck I am getting is crystal silver with black interior. The usual options (xenon, sunroof) and PASM.

I test drove one with the regular steel springs and was thoroughly impressed. I used to own a BMW X5 4.4i Sport Pkg and the Pepper blows it away.

Now that most of the bugs have been discovered (Thanks 03,04 beta testers!) I hope to just enjoy the truck.

Andrei
Old 06-16-2006, 01:43 PM
charlieXS
Pro

congrats... but if you could wait til next month you could get the CS-Titanium edition. It's a special pkg with all the popular options for about 10% less than a normal CS. Also comes with Titanium accents instead of silver... unique two tone interiors and other good stuff like special titanium door sills with Titanium Edition lettering. Also comes in cool new colors like Red, Silver blue and a couple others.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:25 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

I know about the Titanium edition. The problem is waiting for the right car to come along. Ordering one would mean too long a wait. Also the issue of getting PASM. Very few in-stock cars have it.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:37 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Silver over black will be nice. Are you going to do aftermarket wheels? Black out pkg or silver trim? CF pieces inside?
Old 06-16-2006, 03:53 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on having an ultimate car combo, Andrei!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Ditto on the color combination:
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2006, 06:29 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by amaist
I know about the Titanium edition. The problem is waiting for the right car to come along. Ordering one would mean too long a wait. Also the issue of getting PASM. Very few in-stock cars have it.
Yep, I couldn't find a single used CS with PASM that wasn't an awful color combo. Finding a new one wasn't much easier. From the looks of the press release the Ti editions have PASM but I'm not sure what you can or can't option on the truck or whether it's a one size fits all except for color.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:27 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mjw930
Yep, I couldn't find a single used CS with PASM that wasn't an awful color combo. Finding a new one wasn't much easier. From the looks of the press release the Ti editions have PASM but I'm not sure what you can or can't option on the truck or whether it's a one size fits all except for color.
It may look like they photographed the car in the load position but the press release does not even mention anything about PASM.

The M3 is a great car in terms of utility. I can transport 4 track tires in the back seat and the rest of my track stuff in the trunk. But it is getting to be too much of a chore to spend at least an hour at the end of the event packing it. And the rush to unpack in the morning of the event is not fun either. This is why I am in such a hurry to get the Cayenne and a trailer. I want to spend 10 minutes on loading it into the trailer instead. So while I wait for Porsche to clarify the deal with that Titanium edition (which looks nice btw) I would be breaking my back lugging track wheels around.

Last edited by amaist; 06-20-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:39 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I have seen its steel suspension
Old 06-16-2006, 10:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
PSSST.....
Ask him about his trailer lighting configuration and brake controller.........
Old 06-16-2006, 11:02 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 586 Posts

Lewis, Lewis, Lewis...
Old 06-17-2006, 12:03 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
Take another look at the interior pictures in this link: http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...40&newsLang=en

The truck used in the photo shoot has PASM.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:43 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Titanium Edition doesn't have PASM as standard; however, like any Cayenne model, other options can be added.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:22 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw that but their specs don't list it as standard so the 10% saving number is bogus with it.

I like the Titanium a lot, for Porsche its a good way to dump parts of the currect range. My guess is that provioning for the next model is about to start and they need space.

It also implies that Air is to continue in short supply going forward, it should be standard IMHO.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:04 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

It amazes me how slow dealers are to react or to understand the market IMHO. Take a look at the VW, more than 50% of the production and close to 80% of he V8's have air suspension simply because it was packaged with other desirable options. In the beginning P-car dealers wanted it too but since VW was in a sense "hogging" all the parts in the pipeline the Porsche dealers had to make a choice, delete the PASM and have a truck to sell or wait out the supply issues.

Fast forward 3 years, the supply issues are resolved, PASM doesn't cause a delay in vehicle shipment but the dealers still cling to the old steel suspension. If the dealers would simply order up a 50/50 mix of steel vs. air the problem would be solved. Another solution, IMHO, would be for Porsche to offer a "Towing Plus" package that includes the tow package AND PASM.

Sorry for the rant but I can't imagine not having PASM. It's part of what makes the Cayenne a ground breaking vehicle for me.

Quick Reply: Just put a deposit on a CS