Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the Gemballa exhaust. It looks used.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 08:02 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
From a brand new item I'd expect perfection REGARDLESS of the price.
See I would have installed it. "Ah, a few scratches" even at its insane/non-value price that gemballa probably charges (I'm cheap - I buy used Porsches - shoot me)...

But I showed these pics to my wife. She says it looks damaged, and that if it was new you should return it. I said, but thats not its use - to look good - just to expell gases and make cool sounds when under throttle and at idle. She said well it doesn't look NEW, and it supposed to be NEW.

You may balk, but I think its a Male/Female thing. Guy would just stick that sucker on and drive. You obviously have different sensibilities, but I don't think you will get ****e from Gembala in the form of CS.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:02 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

This is how I perceived you, germans, until this AM when I received a very nice & unexpected "Sorry, we've f-d up" gesture in the form of pedal set & tail pipes
You must have really bitched.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Of course you will have to remember to only wear socks when driving with the new Gemballa pedals installed.....don't want to scratch the pedals.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:40 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BrendanC
You must have really bitched.

Or Gemballa read the posts.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CS pedal set is $500 plus and tips are over $1,000 I believe. Nice gesture.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:42 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See I would have installed it. "Ah, a few scratches" even at its insane/non-value price that gemballa probably charges (I'm cheap - I buy used Porsches - shoot me)...

But I showed these pics to my wife. She says it looks damaged, and that if it was new you should return it. I said, but thats not its use - to look good - just to expell gases and make cool sounds when under throttle and at idle. She said well it doesn't look NEW, and it supposed to be NEW.

You may balk, but I think its a Male/Female thing. Guy would just stick that sucker on and drive. You obviously have different sensibilities, but I don't think you will get ****e from Gembala in the form of CS.
Brendan, I am installing it, because this doesn't affect performance and because they have assured me not once that it's brand new. But I think you're missing the point, which is the following: an item marked as NEW should arrive in NEW condition, ie no scratches, marks, signs of wear/tear/use/whatever. And being upset about an item arriving in a condition other than new is not a male/female thing. It's more like "varies from person to person" thing, because my husband was the first one to see the exhaust and the first one to be appalled by it.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:49 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Of course you will have to remember to only wear socks when driving with the new Gemballa pedals installed.....don't want to scratch the pedals.
LTC, I realize you're still upset about the reference to your wife being a 5500# pig. It was done in bad taste, I agree, as I'm sure in reality your wife is a lovely " * Svelte, muscular, nubian beauty in manolos". :-D

But once you get over it, I hope you'll start producing something constructive.

* Please substitue "nubian" for any word of your choice & "manolos" for any brand of your choice.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:53 PM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brendan, I am installing it, because this doesn't affect performance and because they have assured me not once that it's brand new. But I think you're missing the point, which is the following: an item marked as NEW should arrive in NEW condition, ie no scratches, marks, signs of wear/tear/use/whatever. And being upset about an item arriving in a condition other than new is not a male/female thing. It's more like "varies from person to person" thing, because my husband was the first one to see the exhaust and the first one to be appalled by it.
So what did AMEX say? I have the platinum AMEX card and have disputed charges in the past. Its almost to easy !! They always take your side.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:29 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TimC.
So what did AMEX say? I have the platinum AMEX card and have disputed charges in the past. Its almost to easy !! They always take your side.
Tim, I wired the money b/c they said they don't take CCs. And if they did accept CCs a platinum amex is exactly what I would have used as well. You know, the only thing this card is good for is taking care of things like that b/c their "renowned" concierge program is useless.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LTC, I realize you're still upset about the reference to your wife being a 5500# pig. It was done in bad taste, I agree, as I'm sure in reality your wife is a lovely " * Svelte, muscular, nubian beauty in manolos". :-D

* Please substitue "nubian" for any word of your choice & "manolos" for any brand of your choice.
I think you're mixed up.
I was the one that was joking that LTC was making reference to all Cayennes as "pigs" - when in fact I was defending my Cayenne, which I lovingly refer to as "bitch" (as a term of endearment) stating that my CAYENNE is svelte, and a Nubian Beauty - hence she is black and sleek and I have a loving relationship with her. I said nothing about anyone's wife???

How are you going to test if the tips are free of combustion?
LTC do you have any suggestions? LOL

Can you say ludicrous posts?
Old 05-06-2006, 01:03 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Kooser, no one is mixed up and everyone is joking. Relax and concentrate on photos of your "shorty" doing the testing. Btw, is she a "shorty" because her height allows her to test the pipes without having to kneel down? :-D
Old 05-06-2006, 06:19 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Fair enough. And it looks like your husband by noticing it got you 1500 dollars more of some good shwag.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:22 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

I'm just not getting this east coast humor. It just simply escapes me. Maybe its because I don't drive a pepper.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:28 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

I'm just not getting this east coast humor. It just simply escapes me. Maybe its because I don't drive a pepper.
So, which one is it, Brendan, not driving a pepper or not being on the east coast? :-D
Old 05-28-2006, 10:28 PM
jkb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you, guys, have to say about this?
i doubt its used. it it was used, it would be so dirty you couldn't even hold it in your hands. enjoy additional HP :-)

Quick Reply: Got the Gemballa exhaust. It looks used.