Sponsored by:

My full review of the Cayenne Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JW3
Kooser - are you serious about the Led & Pink guys comment? I know you're joking. But, since you do speak one of those other languages I just had to ask - maybe there is a hidden meaning I am missing. MadFox - stand by to translate please.
Yes, I am totally joking - Love ALL kinds of music. There can be something appreciated from any genre, old and new.
I break the Led out occasionally as well as having a "Floyd-a-thon."
Houses of The Holy and Animals would have to be my two favorite from these two groups.
Translation:
Slider = Bong = Pulling a Tube = Water pipe =
Old 02-22-2006, 01:41 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schvetkaaks
Wow, neighborhood indeed, 356! Watch for my carmon red CTT and I'll do the same in watching for your silver (?) CTT!

Statman - where in Wisconsin are you from? We have a house in Appleton where I have my company, although I don't have a P-car there, they did just get a Porsche dealership...
Appleton is not too far away. I'm in Madison. If you have P-car withdrawal while in Madison, stop by for a spin in the Cayenne (or the cabrio on a sunny warm day).
Old 02-22-2006, 03:30 PM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grssypond
Schvetkaaks,
Did you find alot of wind noise cruising?? I find alot of wind noise from the same roof racks..regardless of position. I frequently leave them off the truck unless I am using them.
AGREED !! Take them off and let us know what you think....I really cant believe the amount of wind noise these things make!! They look pretty aeorodynamic, but I think the pepper is slicing the air way too nicely and if you put anything on the roof, it gets in the way.
I just put them on now when I need to they are really light. You may need to re-do your road trip after you see what we are talking about
Old 02-22-2006, 04:11 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Tim - how do you take them off? I see a keyhole, but it is smaller than the vehicle key, and don't see a key anywhere. I noticed some latches that move up, but the rack doesn't seem to budge when I move just one and try to wiggle it (can't quite reach the other at the same time, you know?)
Old 02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You should have been given a key. Turning that key allows tge latch to release and they lift off.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:51 PM
356driver
Racer

Tim - how do you take them off? I see a keyhole, but it is smaller than the vehicle key, and don't see a key anywhere. I noticed some latches that move up, but the rack doesn't seem to budge when I move just one and try to wiggle it (can't quite reach the other at the same time, you know?)
If you don't have the key you need to get it from the previous owner. Once you have a key you unlock both sides of the rack, slide it to the wide gap in the roof channels, and lift the rack off. The racks are very easy to remove but you need the key.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:41 AM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah...since I bought my racks aftermarket a set of keys came with them. Maybe they are in the glove box or with all the paperwork you got from the dealer? Give them a call you may have been so excited that day you overlooked them
Old 02-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Harbormaster
Instructor

Thanks for a fun review. I've never seen better than 18mpg @ steady 70mph on my 2004 CTT. I now run with Pirelli ice/snows on 18" wheels and they are extremley quiet and feel I can go most anywhere. I was surprised to read how well your rubber on 20" \wheels performed for you.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:30 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

I called the dealer to find out where the key is - we'll see.

Which Pirelli ice/snows (Scorpion?) do you have? Normally I didn't see better than 17-18 at steady speed, but those two times I did so I figured I should take a picture and post it. Perhaps the fact that I was being towed by a big rig had an effect on the numbers??

Quick Reply: My full review of the Cayenne Turbo...