Sponsored by:

Lost all sound from Radio/Nav.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost all sound from Radio/Nav.

I was driving my CS, all workin great. I parked for an hour, got back into my CS...no more sound coming out of the speakers in the car. Looks like the amp on the radio is shot.

Anyone experienced this before?
Old 06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
bjwebster
Instructor

Yes... Then It Came Back Next Time I Drove...
Seems Like It Does Something Weird Sometimes And Needs To Reboot, But This Requires More Than A Simple Restart Of The Car, Needs To Be Turned Off For A While Since The Radio Gets Power From The Car For A While Even After Its Turned Off...
Old 06-14-2005, 08:35 PM
kc.beach
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bjwebster
Yes... Then It Came Back Next Time I Drove...
Seems Like It Does Something Weird Sometimes And Needs To Reboot, But This Requires More Than A Simple Restart Of The Car, Needs To Be Turned Off For A While Since The Radio Gets Power From The Car For A While Even After Its Turned Off...
We have experienced the same issue once on both '04 CTT's. When it happened to mine, I had Porsche service check it the next day and there was no error code and they could not find any issues. That was about six months ago and it hasn't happened since.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:37 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Gremlins still reside in the truck. I have had the same problem with the radio/nav not working and then restarting, everything works fine. My most recent gremlin is the dipping passenger mirror when in reverse. It will not work for about a month and then all of a sudden it decides to dip. Anyone else have this "issue"?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:48 PM
kc.beach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pdxjim
Gremlins still reside in the truck. I have had the same problem with the radio/nav not working and then restarting, everything works fine. My most recent gremlin is the dipping passenger mirror when in reverse. It will not work for about a month and then all of a sudden it decides to dip. Anyone else have this "issue"?
apology in advance if you are already aware of this:
I believe the mirror adjustment **** must be pointed to the right mirror in order for the mirror to dip in reverse. I don't personally like that feature and leave the **** up or to the left.

-Ken
Old 06-14-2005, 10:20 PM
stevertr
Instructor

I actually know the solution to this one...
Here's what you want to do....

Turn the radio/nav system OFF.

Turn the car OFF.

Turn the key counter-clockwise and hold it there for 75 seconds.

Then turn the key all the way clockwise (with your foot off the brake so the car doesn't start), and hold it there for 75 seconds.

Release and remove the key, and then reinsert it and start the car.

Radio should work fine.

I know it sounds weird....but try it.

Steve
Old 06-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Originally Posted by stevertr
I actually know the solution to this one...
Here's what you want to do....

Turn the radio/nav system OFF.

Turn the car OFF.

Turn the key counter-clockwise and hold it there for 75 seconds.

Then turn the key all the way clockwise (with your foot off the brake so the car doesn't start), and hold it there for 75 seconds.

Release and remove the key, and then reinsert it and start the car.

Radio should work fine.

I know it sounds weird....but try it.

Steve
Thank you for your advise. I will have to try it next time it happens.

For no reason at all, the radio came back on while I was driving. Scared the SH** out of me as the volume was turned way way up.

This kinda makes me at my CS today.

Peter
Old 06-14-2005, 10:39 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Ask your dealer to verify that you have the latest S/W updates (done easily at dealership...nothing needs to be removed) for the headunit and amplifier.

If this happens, you need only shut off the car, remove the key, sit and wait for the light around the volume control to go off, reinsert the key, start it up and you'll be all set.

I will spare you the details of the MOST network, communications, protocol, initialization, etc. The issue has been well understood for almost 2 years...has been posted in this forum as well.

Your amplifier is not shot.....trust me, there is no one more qualified to make that statement.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:01 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kc.beach
apology in advance if you are already aware of this:
I believe the mirror adjustment **** must be pointed to the right mirror in order for the mirror to dip in reverse. I don't personally like that feature and leave the **** up or to the left.

-Ken

Hey Ken, don't leave it up as that is heated mirror function, leave it on the left position.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:54 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

I had the same problem with my 04CT, had PCM S/W updated to 3.0, had BOSE S/W updated -- believe there is a TSB on that one, and no problems since. Prior to the fix, I also had frequency shifting from AM to FM all by itself.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Have had both head and amp replaced for the issue. Now the radio will come on at random times- sometimes when driving, and sometime when truck is parked (ie, I get out and KNOW the radio is off- get back in and it is on). Irritating, but apparently not "fixable."
Old 06-15-2005, 04:36 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

KC,
thanks for the correct info on curing the "dipped" mirror issue.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:23 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lotus350
Thank you for your advise. I will have to try it next time it happens.

For no reason at all, the radio came back on while I was driving. Scared the SH** out of me as the volume was turned way way up.

This kinda makes me at my CS today.

Peter

geez i'd have freaked too.

maybe an exorcism is in order.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:09 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Ask your dealer to verify that you have the latest S/W updates (done easily at dealership...nothing needs to be removed) for the headunit and amplifier. Your amplifier is not shot.....trust me, there is no one more qualified to make that statement.
Okay, then I come in a close second. Mine did this for several months when I first got the car. Couldn't duplicate at dealership, etc. etc. etc.
Finally took a forum post about s/w upgrade after they replaced the whole PCM/Radio unit and it did the same thing.

PCNA had a lot of "gremlin fixes" that were not broadcast widely to save $$$ IMHO. No official fix from PCNA means NO RECALL and thus $$$ saved. Of late however, they appear to be doing better, publicizing their Euro billions profit may have caused enough Cayenne customers to send lawyer letters like Lewis intimated in another post! Thus, more PCNA fixes and new CD's for the NAV! Later revision software - it'll fix it.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:48 AM
jrlecroy
7th Gear

Regarding the 75 second off and on fix...I wish that I could say that it fixed my problem but it didn't..('05 CS-Nav/Amp error except when outside temp is hot).

Quick Reply: Lost all sound from Radio/Nav.