Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S.F. Bay Area Dealers,UPDATE! got my new '05 CS :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:40 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Default S.F. Bay Area Dealers,UPDATE! got my new '05 CS :)

Philg, Torags, any body in S.F.

Time for me to trade up my V6 to an S.
Where did you guys buy your Cayenne's here in the Bay Area, I'm talking to MIchael Stead and Sonnen right now, any recommendations? Cheapest I found was a demo Jarama '04, 68K msrp, giving it to me for 58K pretty loaded, u can see this on the sonnen new inventory and an jarama '05 S 59K msrp 5k off, from Michael Stead, but only has moonroof,memory seat option. What do you guys think? This is kinda my price range also got a trade , both dealer wanted 5K down. thanks

Last edited by alex911s; 03-24-2005 at 01:05 PM. Reason: change heading
Old 03-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine at Michaels in Fresno. If you're buying new - talk to them in terms of "amount over invoice". I got my S at $500 over invoice optioned the way I wanted it (except for 19's which he took back for my current 18's)

Used is another story. As you know they're all warrantied and I get my work done at Carlssen with Brian. Knock on wood I've only been in once in may 05 to take care of a hand full of tsbs.

I hope you love your S as much as I do. I still desire to drive it (over the 996). Go figure....
Old 03-22-2005, 04:18 PM
bigboy
AutoX

We bought our V6 at Carlsen in Redwood City and are generally happy with our experience. Sonnen seemed less willing to bargain, but maybe we got someone on a bad (good?) day.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:10 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Alex, I bought my CT at Claridges back in 03/03 when supply was tight, and got only $1,500 off MSRP. At the time I was going to get a CS, but none were being built with air suspension, so I got the CT -- glad I did. The good part of that buying experience is that I could view inventory on each dealer's web site, and I found a good match at Claridges. I like Claridges, but I am unsure how competitive they are.

Years ago, I bought my 996 through Car Source -- 700 Larkspur Landing Circle, Larkspur, CA 94939 -- 415 927-2886. This was a great buying experience. These guys charge you about $400 - $500, search inventory, and have dealers bid against each other. If they can't find what you want, they will get a dealer to order it for you -- that's what I did; mine came from Rector Porsche in Burlingame. I saved a lot, and there was no hassle. This service works best when supply is good, and dealers are motivated. BTW, they will search the state or the country. I highly recommend them, and would use them again.

There's always the Costco purchasing program.

Good Luck,
Phil
Old 03-22-2005, 08:35 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

James Butler from Steven's Creek just went to Sonnen (as of yesterday) as General Manager, call him up, tell him I sent you and make a realistic (reasonable) offer that makes you happy . If you identify the car from the inventory list, so much the better. Sonnen will now bargain and James will be anxious to make an impression.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Michael Porsche in Fresno. When Bay Area guys were reluctantly quoting $2,500 to (maybe) $5,000 off MSRP for a CS, I phoned Michael and said that I felt $1,000 over invoice was fair. They "countered" at $700 over invoice. Even a poor negotiator such as I knew when to take an offer. They actually had the CS ferried about for window tinting and painting prior to pick-up. In addition, the body shop in Fresno was great (Diamond Auto Body, 559-439-3868). The complete sales experience was a phone call, a fax, a down payment (credit card), and one trip to the dealer for pick-up.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:41 PM
1988carrera
Instructor

Mike Soria @ Michael Stead Porsche.....gave me a good deal about 2k over invoice .Could have taken the Fresno deal....but decided to go local for better service . So far they treated me very well.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:02 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Service is a separate dept. I'm treated well at Carlsen even tho' I bought in Fresno.

I'm sure I'll get asked if I want a warranty soon. Service gets a vig for that and they deserve it.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:39 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Thanks for everyone's input, much appreciated I finally got my '05 CS, I bought it from Mike Soria(General Manager) of Michael Stead, apparently that was the only car in the northern cal with same option i have on my V6, moonroof cd changer, heat ins glass. I had them swap my turbo wheels with M+S with the orig CS wheels. Drove it from Walnut Creek to my work in San Jose this morning,
man the CS is a blast to drive, of course I cant push it yet, only got 67 miles Now I am satisfied I've been longing for more power, finally, what a relief, hehe. I paid 5K down to take care of my negative equity, but if anyone wants to buy my V6 it's already on the lot with the CS wheels:-) has 11K miles. Again thanks guys, i'm really enjoying this car, hope you guys are going to that norcal drive posted, I will try to go... My wife is happy but not happy my payment went up 100 bucks.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by alex911s
Thanks for everyone's input, much appreciated I finally got my '05 CS, I bought it from Mike Soria(General Manager) of Michael Stead, apparently that was the only car in the northern cal with same option i have on my V6, moonroof cd changer, heat ins glass. I had them swap my turbo wheels with M+S with the orig CS wheels. Drove it from Walnut Creek to my work in San Jose this morning,
man the CS is a blast to drive, of course I cant push it yet, only got 67 miles Now I am satisfied I've been longing for more power, finally, what a relief, hehe. I paid 5K down to take care of my negative equity, but if anyone wants to buy my V6 it's already on the lot with the CS wheels:-) has 11K miles. Again thanks guys, i'm really enjoying this car, hope you guys are going to that norcal drive posted, I will try to go... My wife is happy but not happy my payment went up 100 bucks.

What do they know? they just don't get it...

Threaten to hide her Nordy card.....

Old 03-23-2005, 09:08 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Talk to Gary at Carlsen he'll hook you up:0
Old 03-24-2005, 01:09 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

By the way, thanks 1988carrera, Mike Soria was a pretty cool guy..

Mudman, now I can buy the Cat bypass

Torags, that's where she always drive it, she says I'm going to nordstrom using the Cayenne!!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Best of luck Alex.........
Old 07-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor
Michael Porsche in Fresno. When Bay Area guys were reluctantly quoting $2,500 to (maybe) $5,000 off MSRP for a CS, I phoned Michael and said that I felt $1,000 over invoice was fair. They "countered" at $700 over invoice. Even a poor negotiator such as I knew when to take an offer. They actually had the CS ferried about for window tinting and painting prior to pick-up. In addition, the body shop in Fresno was great (Diamond Auto Body, 559-439-3868). The complete sales experience was a phone call, a fax, a down payment (credit card), and one trip to the dealer for pick-up.
Invoice. Is that a realistic price expectation for a Cayenne Turbo? It seems like there's about a $11K delta between msrp and invoice, plus the dealer still gets other margins, hold-back or whatever, no?

Invoice is appealing, otherwise, I'm looking for a good, used example in Titanium over black leather.

Any and all advice, as ever, will be appreciated.

Quick Reply: S.F. Bay Area Dealers,UPDATE! got my new '05 CS :)