Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove access plate to get to brake wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 01:16 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove access plate to get to brake wiring...

How do I remove the access plate to get to the wiring under the Cayenne for access to the brake switch? I see only one fastener and two slide clips that the plastic piece is attached too (back of firewall). I see that the engine diagnostic port and light is also attached to this plastic piece that I need to remove.

I need to get to the wire at the back of the brake switch as well as find the harness for the brake controller.

Is there more than one torex, if so where is the other one located, does the piece slide out.. Arg...

Help..
Old 03-05-2005, 02:24 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Of course, thinking I could just pull the brake controller harness out from under the dash, that must too be tucked up away.

So how did you guys do it? Get to that brake controller wiring harness?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:22 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remove the torx screw then pull down. The OBD2 plug is held in by 3 plastic tabs and the light will unplug. I'm not 100% sure but I think the plug for the electric brake controller just hangs near the main loom. Im not sure though because I've never had to install a brake controller. If anything just get in there and look, that panel is super easy to remove.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:29 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK, was kinda scared to just pull without asking someone first.

So, I will remove that torx screw (the one in the middle) and pull down and towards the seat. Sounds easy enough...
Old 03-06-2005, 11:55 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yep, pretty easy if one is not afraid to give that panel a good firm "tug" down to release the clip on the left hand side.

Then just pull out, discounnet the light and engine "plugin" and full access to everything.

Now to go place a T-Crimp onto that brake light wire, hook the other three wires to the factory harness and all should be good!

Thanks again everyone! Hopefully next post will have me drinking a beer and laughing about how "cautious" I was on this first wrenching expereince on the "Pepper"...
Old 03-06-2005, 03:22 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Now to go place a T-Crimp onto that brake light wire, hook the other three wires to the factory harness and all should be good!
Sounds like you went with a Prodigy.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:05 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I did as the "Tekonsha" people sold me on the reverse braking feature of the Prodigy. I admit, I know you schooled me on the brake controllers but..... (looks around sheepsihly).... I needed that backup brake action... OK, the women from Tekonsha had a sweet voice and talked me into the Proigy (not to be confused with the women from Tokoyo)...

So, in the electric brake department, all is working perfectily with the Prodigy displaying zero errors!
Old 03-06-2005, 08:09 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, and pictures to be posted so everyone can laugh at how easy this installation really was (with the help from Lewis and Michael) and thanks to PTEC for tell me to just pull that damn cover out!

Quick Reply: How to remove access plate to get to brake wiring...