Sponsored by:

So Cal Dealer Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Jason C.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal Dealer Recommendation

Looks like I'll be buying a Cayenne S in the next few weeks. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Anyway, I would like any input you may have as to specific sales persons/dealers. My prior Porsches were purchased back in Chicago. I'm in Newport Beach but willing to look at a numbers of dealers. Anybody want to recommend (or specifically not recommend) a Porsche salesperson?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Go to Michael Porsche in Fresno! Check it out!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:20 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I am close to Downtown L.A. and would recommend my friends there. However, I suggest you first spend some time on the Porsche website searching inventory at all the SoCal dealers, and really pin down what you want and who has it. Once you've done that, its a lot easier to start making phone calls when you know a suitable car is sitting on their lot. Of course, most dealers can trade with another dealer, so its not essential you buy from the dealer who has it in stock. I'd be happy to put you in touch with my guys if you PM me.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:44 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jason C.
Looks like I'll be buying a Cayenne S in the next few weeks. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Anyway, I would like any input you may have as to specific sales persons/dealers. My prior Porsches were purchased back in Chicago. I'm in Newport Beach but willing to look at a numbers of dealers. Anybody want to recommend (or specifically not recommend) a Porsche salesperson?

Thanks in advance.
I've bought a LOT of new cars including several Pcars and can tell you've I've never had such a great buying experience as I did on my Cayenne (though the vehicle SUCKS!) with Roger at Hoehn in Carlsbad (less than an hour down the coast from you). He's been there for 10 years, and is a total enthusiast who will never try to "sell' you. I really can't say enough good things about my experience with Hoehn in general and Roger in specific.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:10 AM
rayc
AutoX

Default Newport Auto Center

I've recently purchased my third car from Newport Auto Center. Apollo Gesa is the best salesperson there. Give him a try. For dealer service, use Cookie for your advisor

Ray Crawford
Old 02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Jason C.
Advanced

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the tips guys...

Fresno...hmmm, a little far for a Saturday afternoon drive.

I'll definitely research Newport and Hoehn.

Ray, I had my 993 in for service at Newport with Cookie. At the risk of being sounding politically incorrect, damn - she is georgeous! She had just come to Newport from F-J Mercedes when I was there. Didn't have a lot of P-car knowledge at the time but service was done right and she was a pleasure to deal with.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jason: Yeah, Fresno is a bit far. However, I'm in SF area and the price for a special order almost fully loaded CS was about $10M off MSRP. AND, all done by phone and fax. AND, they had it delivered to a paint shop I picked so that I could get the lowers and grille painted. AND, they delivered it to a tint shop so I could get the windows done. AND, they installed cloear markers. All this before I went by the Porsche store. Picked up the car completely finished. Check out the archives for Kevin M's experiences which werte similar. Can't say enough nice things about Michael Porsche.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:44 PM
DMD
Intermediate

I bought my CS at McKenna in Norwalk,CA. I got a great price on the car but the salesman was a complete liar, the sales manager was weak and non responsive and the service department has been so-so. I would not recommend them; has anyone else had any experience with McKenna?

Quick Reply: So Cal Dealer Recommendation