Sponsored by:

Biggest Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 12:42 AM
danosu
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biggest Wheels

I was wondering what would be the biggest size wheels you can put on a cayenne? I have an S and was thinking about getting some giovanna's that are 24"
Old 10-12-2004, 01:26 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh god, here they come
Old 10-12-2004, 01:59 AM
AA993TT
Advanced

I knew this was going to happen eventually. What's next, hydraulics, chain link steering wheel(for recent escapees), 80,000watt sound system, curb feelers? As long as it helps keep the value up I'm all for it. Any exposure on MTV should help all P-car owners. Remember, there is no susbtitute, even if it has 24" wheels with enough chrome to burn your retinas.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:41 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

as you can see, you found the wrong place to be asking about that... its a porsche, not an EscaLADE!
~Eyal
Old 10-12-2004, 06:19 AM
woogiedaxel
Instructor

Sorry friend, im not here to put you on blast, and if you have questions let us know.

22" is probably safest and max recommended over stock sizes. Even on Lades and Navis 24's are too big for the puny brakes and IMO people are gambling with their lives. Also Giovanna (made by MHT in which makes all these: FOOSE, Elite, Niche, Neeper. Giovanna last i knew ) are super duper heavy and mass produced cheaply overseas like Taiwan or China most likely. I remember when Giovanna was a small local brand ran out of Modern Auto in Whittier, Calif. Good marketing and free sets for MTV shows like pimp my ride and free sets to celebs / rappers and a few years time makes you a household name. Seriously friend, dont ruin your classy CAY w/ these. These rims cost them prob $40 to make a 22"

For what you are considering spending on the set up you are talking about, true ballers run www.hrewheels.com or www.dpengineering.cc -If u want something tasteful yet chrometacular; Dazz has some nice clean wheels however they not lightweight. www.dazzmotorsports.com or try www.mayawheels.com - Mayas made in same factory as Lowenhart which is mfgrd and owned/ made in Japan by Takechi Project Japan. Countless companies copy the wheels imported by DAZZ, just go on Ebay or walk into any local wheel shop.

Other high quality brands are Gemballa, Champion Motorsport, OZ, Antera and TechArt which all make some proper wheels for Cayennes.

Ok after all this if u must get the Giovannas, (hey its your own personal style after all) stick w/ a 22" for safety reasons ok. Good luck bro.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:59 PM
cayenneman
Advanced

I hold the title of the most "ghetto" cayenne. I'm not much into the forged wheel look and thats why giovanna got my vote. The biggest you can run currently is a 23" with a 285/30/23. That is until after sema when a new 24" smaller tire will be released. I stuck with 22's because of the wider variety in styles but do what you do. Mods to your truck are your personal statement to the world and if that statement is "i'm flashy" go for it. I love my truck and get complimented daily but to the people here my chrome starfish 22's are a bit much but to me they are pure chrome bliss. A quick funny story for all those who love 'bling" (for lack of a better term) I was taking one of my wheels somewhere in the back of the cayenne and popped the rear window to pull it out. All of a sudden I see smoke coming from the headliner. I thought my car was on fire. Well the sun reflecting off my wheel burned two holes in my headliner. I would be pissed but its a great story to tell my friends and its being redone in suede. Anyway, Good luck with whatever makes you happy.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cayenneman
I thought my car was on fire. Well the sun reflecting off my wheel burned two holes in my headliner. I would be pissed but its a great story to tell my friends and its being redone in suede. Anyway, Good luck with whatever makes you happy.
lOl
Old 10-12-2004, 11:02 PM
danosu
8th Gear

hey cayenneman, can you post some pics of your ride? Thanks
Old 10-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Aeson
Advanced

Tough Crowd!!!! But I agree. IMO there only a few first class after market add on's for high end rides. With Porsches its Techart, Gemballa, etc. With BMW its Dinan, AC Schnitzer and so on. Then there is the second tier - quality manufacturers that make good products and care about weight, factory specs, performance, and the like for your specific ride. OZ is a good example and there are several others. Then there is everybody else. Those who only manufacture for looks and $$. They might as well build the Neon lights into the wheel.

When I see a nice ride with Giovanna's. I immediately think “young person wanting to bling bling with no concept of quality and performance.” I think AA993TT was right on saying what’s next, chain link steering wheel, 80,000watt sound system, curb feelers

In the end it’s up to you, but IMO I would stay in the top 2 tiers as mentioned above. If you are going to change something out – make sure it’s an UPGRADE.

Quick Reply: Biggest Wheels