Sponsored by:

Installing telephone preparation 05 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:28 AM
PorscheCayenne04
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DutchCS
Interesting Kit. I was about to get the Sony Ericsson HCB-300 but I like the screen you mentioned. Their site also mentions mute and sound through car audio speakers. Is this what you will be doing with your CS? If so, I'd love to know how it works and pics of the install would be greatly appreciated. Good luck and keep us posted!

Yeah, It's coming today. I will likely have it installed over the next week. Unfortunatly, I have an aftermarket system in my Cayenne so no real comparisons can be done. Once all the work to the stereo/video/telephone systems have been done, I will post the completed system.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:42 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well it really does work with PCM installed, but not with it, if that makes any sense. The antenna, power, cradle etc will all work as will the handsfree (you can induce mute on PCM) but the speakers will not. You would need a third party speaker to complete the picture right ? Any loud speaker company out there with an idea :-)

Me...I would not pay that much for an integrated phone...I prefer a headset anyway.

here is a quote from RC on Rennteam

The phone preparation option 9ZF for the Cayenne allows customers to utilize their own personal phone in a hands- free manner. This option is for cars without the PCM or the PCM phone module option!

This kit comes with a installed microphone, an integrated invisible antenna in the rear spoiler, a console kit for the mobile phone holder and various wiring including a 18-pin plug and antenna connector under the passenger seat.
This kit is not complete, after the truck arrives at the dealership, the dealer has to install the hands-free main kit (available through parts department), the console for the mobile phone holder (which is found in the glove box) and finally the cell phone solution cradle based on the specific phone model of the customer (cradle also available through parts department).

Caution: this solution offers phone operation through the keypad of the phone ONLY, the buttons on the steering wheel or the PCM system are not working with this system.
Only the automatic muting of the audio system works. A Bluetooth solution isn't available at this time.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:33 AM
DutchCS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PorscheCayenne04
Yeah, It's coming today. I will likely have it installed over the next week. Unfortunatly, I have an aftermarket system in my Cayenne so no real comparisons can be done. Once all the work to the stereo/video/telephone systems have been done, I will post the completed system.
how is that Parrot kit working?The us importer says it should work with oem Porsche cdr-23 but referred me to the french parent company who have yet to reply. I realize yours is not a stock stereo but was wonderign what the experience was.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:51 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Is it possible to upgrade an '04 PCM to PCM 2.1, to permit the remote telephone audio to pass through the PCM to the right front speaker?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:53 PM
waldo64
5th Gear

Default 06' Cayenne T. With Phone Option - Problem connecting...

Originally Posted by Wingless
Well it really does work with PCM installed, but not with it, if that makes any sense. The antenna, power, cradle etc will all work as will the handsfree (you can induce mute on PCM) but the speakers will not. You would need a third party speaker to complete the picture right ? Any loud speaker company out there with an idea :-)

Me...I would not pay that much for an integrated phone...I prefer a headset anyway.

The phone preparation option 9ZF for the Cayenne allows customers to utilize their own personal phone in a hands- free manner. This option is for cars without the PCM or the PCM phone module option!

This kit comes with a installed microphone, an integrated invisible antenna in the rear spoiler, a console kit for the mobile phone holder and various wiring including a 18-pin plug and antenna connector under the passenger seat.
This kit is not complete, after the truck arrives at the dealership, the dealer has to install the hands-free main kit (available through parts department), the console for the mobile phone holder (which is found in the glove box) and finally the cell phone solution cradle based on the specific phone model of the customer (cradle also available through parts department).

Caution: this solution offers phone operation through the keypad of the phone ONLY, the buttons on the steering wheel or the PCM system are not working with this system.
Only the automatic muting of the audio system works. A Bluetooth solution isn't available at this time.
I have that option (Module for Telephone PCM) on an 06' Cayenne Turbo, and when I insert my GSM chip, i get " Could not Find Network" even though the chip works with my Nokia GSM phone... Can you please help.
Thanks,
Old 01-17-2006, 06:07 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wingless

[QUOTE=waldo64]I have that option (Module for Telephone PCM) on an 06' Cayenne Turbo, and when I insert my GSM chip, i get " Could not Find Network" even though the chip works with my Nokia GSM phone... Can you please help.

Please post an image of the phone components for this Porsche option. My understanding is that the interface is a cradle, not a chip receptacle, for the US market. The euro phone interface includes a door in the PCM for the phone chip. (They have to suffer with an integrated solution and a fully functional PCM numeric phone keypad.)
Old 01-17-2006, 10:22 AM
waldo64
5th Gear

No, it is a GSM chip / SIM card door. The chip os inserted into the door and PCM will initialize it and allow you use to use the integrated speaker and mic. I will post pictures later...
Old 01-17-2006, 01:07 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by waldo64
No, it is a GSM chip / SIM card door. The chip os inserted into the door and PCM will initialize it and allow you use to use the integrated speaker and mic. I will post pictures later...
What country is this vehicle built for?

Quick Reply: Installing telephone preparation 05 Cayenne Turbo