Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations on boot/trunk liner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2024, 02:13 PM
SSG-shooter
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on boot/trunk liner?

Hello all,

New here and have recently acquired a 2009 GTS. Loving it so far!

I'm looking for a recommendation on a boot/trunk liner as I have a daft Springer who goes almost everywhere with me and sheds hairs all over the place. The car is in very nice condition for its age and I'd like to keep it that way as far as possible.

I bought a liner from Ebay but sent it back as it wasn't a great fit and required sticking self-adhesive velcro to the car to fit it which I wasn't keen on doing. Needs to be something which gives semi-easy access to the underfloor area and the side storage units but not too bothered about the tie-down points as I'm unlikely to use them.

Any recommendations gratefully accepted. Also for a mesh dog guard to stop him jumping the back seat - I think there's a Porsche official one but it's just a net thing, I think but I'm looking for something metal.

Cheers!
Old 08-09-2024, 10:28 PM
Spyder_2011
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 122 Posts

Weathertech
Old 08-10-2024, 01:15 AM
maomao911
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Porsche OEM high sided trunk liner
Old 08-10-2024, 09:59 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,619 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Where are you located? I have an OEM liner tray since I use a diamond stitched one that matches my floor mats. Doesn't make sense to ship but if close enough for pickup, might. I'm in Clemson SC
Old 08-10-2024, 10:13 AM
SSG-shooter
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Petza914
Where are you located? I have an OEM liner tray since I use a diamond stitched one that matches my floor mats. Doesn't make sense to ship but if close enough for pickup, might. I'm in Clemson SC

Newcastle, UK!

Might be a bit far too call over to collect!

Many thanks, though.
Old 08-10-2024, 10:23 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,619 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Originally Posted by SSG-shooter
Newcastle, UK!

Might be a bit far too call over to collect!

Many thanks, though.
LOL - yep.
Old 08-10-2024, 12:11 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by maomao911
Porsche OEM high sided trunk liner
^^THIS^^
I have had both the low-sided OEM tray and the high-sided one with two Golden Retrievers over the past decade. The high-sided one is great but you will still have a bit of fur on the upper carpet under the windows. I also like it because it controls spills if they happen and the occasional dog vomit that results from spirited mountain driving. Who knew?!
Old 08-11-2024, 11:22 AM
SSG-shooter
8th Gear

Thanks guys!

Can't seem to find an OEM one anywhere and the official Porsche shop doesn't have them.

After further consideration I'm now thinking that I might instead go with a full dog cage rather than a boot protector and guard behind the seats. I can put that through my company as a security item as I need to carry things for work.......but that then means you can't use the load cover to hide things.......decisions, decisions!
Old 08-11-2024, 02:51 PM
maomao911
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SSG-shooter
Thanks guys!

Can't seem to find an OEM one anywhere and the official Porsche shop doesn't have them.

After further consideration I'm now thinking that I might instead go with a full dog cage rather than a boot protector and guard behind the seats. I can put that through my company as a security item as I need to carry things for work.......but that then means you can't use the load cover to hide things.......decisions, decisions!
pretty sure the high side liner is still available, I ordered mine earlier this year. The OEM cargo cage is NLA.

Quick Reply: Recommendations on boot/trunk liner?