2010 Cayenne GTS Panoramic Roof no functions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 05:03 PM
mobiletire
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Cayenne GTS Panoramic Roof no functions

Hey y'all-

I have a 2010 Cayenne GTS with a panoramic sunroof. No functions work. Roof does not open. The Blind does not close or open.

Here's what I've done:
I've verified high battery voltage is present.
I've located and tested CAN "Comfort" leads
ORG/GRN labeled as "High" had a key on voltage of .8 volts. From what I can tell, the range is 2.5-3.5 volts.
ORG/BRN labeled as "Low" has a key on voltage of 4.2 volts. Range looks to be 1.5-2.5 volts.
With these CAN leads, there is no significant difference plugged into the module or unplugged. No switch position makes any change.
No matter what I've tried, the voltage always remains the same and it appears it's out of range.

I tested overall vehicle resistance at the OBD2 port, and it is 66 Ohms. I've read elsewhere that it should be 60 if good and 120 one side has failed, I'm not sure what 66 ohms means or if it is at all significant.

I have been unable to locate the central gateway.
I have unplugged the rear doors to get them out of the network with no change.

I can't believe that all of these motors and switches failed at once. I'm assuming this HAS to be a can bus problem.

I've been working on cars, primarily US domestics, professionally since 2001. This one has me pretty confused.

Can any of you point me into a direction?
Is there a common failure?

Thank you all!
Old 07-17-2024, 08:23 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 4,125 Posts

Is this car new to you or have you had it a while and the roof had been working until now

Owners that didn't properly maintain their pano roofs that had failures with them would get them closed again and then pull the fuse and disconnect the controller so it doesn't open again.
Old 07-17-2024, 09:56 AM
mobiletire
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned it a hand full of years. My wife drives it. She's been bugging me about fixing it as it's never worked.
I'm going to look for fuses today for the actual motors.

The module is getting high voltage in and low voltage can out.

If nothing else, I'll put it back together and she can roll her window down. Lol.

Originally Posted by Petza914
Is this car new to you or have you had it a while and the roof had been working until now

Owners that didn't properly maintain their pano roofs that had failures with them would get them closed again and then pull the fuse and disconnect the controller so it doesn't open again.

Quick Reply: 2010 Cayenne GTS Panoramic Roof no functions