Sponsored by:

TR60SN 09D Valve Body Differences

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 06:53 PM
tassieporsche
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TR60SN 09D Valve Body Differences

I'm about to replace my valve body on my 2004 Cayenne Turbo, however this is quite confusing as it seems there are multiple different version of valve bodies with the same part number (955 325 039 00 )

From what I have found in researching, there are three visually different versions of this valve body, each pictured below.

As you can see, there are two versions which have an additional 'port' or hole, one of these has a metal plate covering it, where as the other is left open. Finally, the third version has no port or opening at all.

I ordered the original part number valve body for my 04 turbo, and I have received the variant in the first picture (3 port). Until I remove the transmission pan to do the replacement, I won't know whether or not this is the same or different as mine.

Some things I have read suggest that the valve body simply had a different casting in newer years and these are interchangeable without an issue. What it says in the photo above seems to contradict this though, and suggests it is crucial that you use the same as what your car had originally.

Another uncertainty regarding this is the TCU, and whether or not this needs to be changed or updated to suit different valve body versions. Searching for these questions on the internet is met with very little luck, and many contradictory answers.

I would be extremely grateful if someone who is knowledgeable in this area can shed some light on this for me, as at this point I'm totally unsure about what is true and what isn't.
The following users liked this post:
2004cayenneturbo (05-15-2024)
Old 11-17-2022, 08:56 PM
phatz
Three Wheelin'

Received 179 Likes on 137 Posts

You could avoid all and have the current sent in for R&R
https://www.sonnax.com/distributors
Old 11-17-2022, 09:09 PM
tassieporsche
Advanced

This isn't a great option for me as I don't live near anywhere that can repair it so the downtime will be pretty high. Also, my mechanic won't want a non-moveable car taking up one of his hoists for a couple of weeks.

It would be great to understand this issue too, as it seems it's currently something of a mystery with a lot of conflicting info online.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:22 PM
phatz
Three Wheelin'

Received 179 Likes on 137 Posts

Reality
Wont know what is within till it has been opened
Old 05-15-2024, 12:04 AM
2004cayenneturbo
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey were you able to figure this out? I’m having the same dilemma
Old 05-15-2024, 01:37 AM
tassieporsche
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2004cayenneturbo
Hey were you able to figure this out? I’m having the same dilemma
I was. So basically if you have a 955 turbo, the part number 95532503900 supersedes any existing ones and all valve bodies with that part number will work. There is no need for any TCU change either. My mechanic put the valve body in and it worked straight up with no other changes.

From what I understand, all turbos are 3 port and the S is 2 port. There may be some very rare edge cases where this is not true, but for 99% of cars it should be.

If you are unsure, give your VIN number to a dealer parts department and ask them to provide you with the correct valve body part number.

Worth mentioning my original that came out of the car looked like what they refer to as a '2 port' in the pictures above, but it's an older style of 3 port which doesn't have that metal cover plate. Very confusing.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by tassieporsche; 05-15-2024 at 01:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2004cayenneturbo (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 02:25 AM
2004cayenneturbo
4th Gear

Originally Posted by tassieporsche
I was. So basically if you have a 955 turbo, the part number 95532503900 supersedes any existing ones and all valve bodies with that part number will work. There is no need for any TCU change either. My mechanic put the valve body in and it worked straight up with no other changes.

From what I understand, all turbos are 3 port and the S is 2 port. There may be some very rare edge cases where this is not true, but for 99% of cars it should be.

If you are unsure, give your VIN number to a dealer parts department and ask them to provide you with the correct valve body part number.

Worth mentioning my original that came out of the car looked like what they refer to as a '2 port' in the pictures above, but it's an older style of 3 port which doesn't have that metal cover plate. Very confusing.

Hope this helps.

THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK REPLY

My issue currently is that I have a 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and when I gave the dealership part counter my vin, they told me the part number for the valve body I need is 955-325-039-00

unfortunately, when I look for a valve body with that part number, there isn’t much for sale online. The part numbers that I’m finding online are 09D-325-039-A

After doing some extensive research, I found a couple options but I’m not sure if they will be compatible with my car considering the port dilemma. What if it doesn’t even have the port, like the 3rd pic

I have not taken my valve body out of my car yet therefore I have nothing to compare with.

these are the options that I was able to come up with, do you think any of these would work?
Or do you know of any website I can purchase one from?

option #1- 09D 09D325039A TR60SN Valve Body with Solenoid Compatible with Audi Q7 VW Touareg Por1sche Cayenne V6 V8 02-11 https://a.co/d/1vbXlRw

option #2- SINOCMP 09D 09D325039A TR60SN Valve Body with Solenoid For Audi Q7 VW Touareg Cayenne https://a.co/d/7TCSjZK

option #3- https://jcarpart.com/en-ca/products/...RoCRSkQAvD_BwE

THANK YOU!!

Last edited by 2004cayenneturbo; 05-15-2024 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 02:43 AM
tassieporsche
Advanced

09D325039 is the VW part number. Unsure what the A at the end means.
I'm fairly sure that should work for you, especially if the 4.5L Turbo is listed under the compatible cars. I got mine from https://www.lbmautoparts.com/en-gb/a...d/35400-TRA010 but they only ship within Europe, so you may need to use a mail forwarding service or have it sent to someone you know there.

If you somehow got the wrong one the car probably won't move or shift at all so it'll be very easy to tell. Any of the ones you sent look like the right model though.

Old 06-04-2024, 02:00 AM
2004cayenneturbo
4th Gear

Default Stress

Originally Posted by tassieporsche
09D325039 is the VW part number. Unsure what the A at the end means.
I'm fairly sure that should work for you, especially if the 4.5L Turbo is listed under the compatible cars. I got mine from https://www.lbmautoparts.com/en-gb/a...d/35400-TRA010 but they only ship within Europe, so you may need to use a mail forwarding service or have it sent to someone you know there.

If you somehow got the wrong one the car probably won't move or shift at all so it'll be very easy to tell. Any of the ones you sent look like the right model though.

I finally got the chance to pull my valve body out, I have attached pics of it.

i was wondering if you know whether or not the separator plate number matters?

My plate number is A-5 (Part #955-325-039)

The one I’m purchasing is B-5 (Part #09D325039A)

would this work? Both old and new valve body look the same from the outside!

Thanks!!

Old 08-19-2024, 12:15 PM
oxam
1st Gear

Did the new valve body with the different separator plate work? Mine is also A5 and I am struggling to find an exact replacement (2005 Turbo WLS E81)
Old 08-19-2024, 10:13 PM
tassieporsche
Advanced

Originally Posted by oxam
Did the new valve body with the different separator plate work? Mine is also A5 and I am struggling to find an exact replacement (2005 Turbo WLS E81)
As long as the part number of the valve body is the correct one for your car (either the original, or the newer version which supersedes the original) it will work fine.

The good thing is, if you put it in and for somewhere bizarre reason it doesn't work, the procedure to take it back out is not the worst thing in the world.

Quick Reply: TR60SN 09D Valve Body Differences