Sponsored by:

OH GOOD YET ANOTHER CAYENNE OVERLANDER

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 08:00 PM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default OH GOOD YET ANOTHER CAYENNE OVERLANDER

You read the title correctly...another one being built for internet viewing pleasure.

A brief intro of who I am. My name is Esteban (feel free to call me Esty) and I've been fortunate enough to have worked along some of the craziest cars and some of the coolest people in the industry. Having started off with a borrowed camera in high school, I was able to work my way into shooting pictures for local enthusiasts and collectors at cars and coffees and car meets in Miami. From there, I was able to rub elbows with the right people and after a lot of networking, I was able to break into the collector car industry by the age of 20. Having worked with shops like Parkhaus1, ASG Miami and a brief opportunity with duPont REGISTRY, I realized I had been buying, selling, and curating collections for clients under all these companies up until now...so why not do it for myself?

Having shot for Bring a Trailer, Cars and Bids, duPont and other private collections, I knew I had the credentials to launch my own automotive content creation company. After working with the likes of Drew from Cooled Collective, Sean from Reneleven and Larry Chen on some projects, I decided on my 25th birthday that I'd be going off and doing things on my own through my company, Fuel Files specializing in high-end automotive retail solutions and content creation.

I started creating content while still with ASG Miami on TikTok and have been able to gain over 25,000 followers and just hit the 1k mark on YouTube recently, so what better way to create more content than by buying a project car to turn into a build!

After seeing how successful the Cayenne platform is off road and how much attention the platform is getting now, I decided to join in on the fun and get myself a 2008 Cayenne SIX SPEED.

I know what you're thinking "Why would you get a 6 speed?"

Easy answer; I wanted something different and being that the 6 speed was only available with a GTS or base model in the US, I went with the base model V6 Cayenne to avoid dealing with air ride modules, expensive parts, and gas guzzling V8's. To me, overlanding isn't so much "crawling" but more so going where you haven't been before and in the long game of road trips and going off road, fuel efficiency is something that I valued highly. In addition to the V6 parts being cheap, the manual gearbox has one way of failing and it all boils down to me. With an automatic transmission, I didn't want to deal with the potential random failure that would be costly and incredibly inconvenient.

That being said; here is episode one of my Project Cayenne series on Fuel Files. Thanks to Mike from Eurowise for hooking me up with the 3 inch lift kit, control arms and skid plate! It's going to be an awesome experience with a whole lot of learning for myself as well. Feel free to follow along and let me know what you think!

Check out the channel here: Fuel Files YouTube Channel
Check out the TikTok page here:
Want to buy a lift kit from Eurowise? https://shop.eurowise.com/collections/audi-volkswagen-porsche-lift-kit

Last edited by Fuel Files; 10-05-2022 at 08:04 PM. Reason: This is glitching out on me lol off to a good start!
Old 10-06-2022, 11:50 AM
Kattman
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 57 Posts

Looks good. I'm VERY slowly converting my Cayenne into an overlander... so I love these topics! I'll be watching along..

Here's mine..

The following users liked this post:
Wilder (12-21-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 12:06 PM
phatz
Three Wheelin'

Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts

Thats a lot of CAPS
notthd (12-05-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 12:15 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by phatz
Thats a lot of CAPS
so is THAT

😜
phatz (10-07-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 12:21 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the launch! How do I get me one of them “send me parts and I’ll post photos” deals?

I too am slowly moving overlandish, but I’m finding Otis has wisdom in his oem ride height. The daily driveability and “rally like” off-road ability are both far superior with no lift and modest tire sizes.

(If anybody is interested in the 2” lift kit, intercooler relocators, and ball joint sway links sitting on my desk, LMK! I think eurowise will take them back with a restocking fee. Oh well ;-(, I changed my mind and that’s totally fair.)

alhpaworks in Dubai also has some great kit IG @alphaworkss and great ideas. They have a new heavy duty air ride suspension compatible with PASM modes, that would likely be my route when these fail.

enjoy the new ride!

RS-America (02-13-2023)
Old 10-06-2022, 12:23 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kattman
Looks good. I'm VERY slowly converting my Cayenne into an overlander... so I love these topics! I'll be watching along..

Here's mine..

sweet! What’s your lift / tire / wheel combo?
Old 10-06-2022, 03:18 PM
Kattman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Crozzer
sweet! What’s your lift / tire / wheel combo?
I have the 2" Eurowise 'air ride' lift. Which is great...in my opinion! Pretty easy to install, and feels super solid!
I put 275/65R18 Sumitomo AT's on some VERY basic Envy black steelys (I searched far and wide for the perfect 'basic' steelys...which I love). I had to get hub adapters to go from 5x130 to the 5x127. But those actually gave me the perfect offset.

Plenty more bits to add, over time. Roof rack, tubular bumper, and a wicked colorful wrap. But that's all next year..

Love all these overlanders!! Totally makes the Cayenne look EXACTLY like it's supposed to.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:11 PM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kattman

Here's mine..

This set up is amazing! What are you running?
EDIT: nvm, I literally didnt scroll one comment up lol

Last edited by Fuel Files; 10-06-2022 at 08:12 PM. Reason: I'm an absolute bozo
Kattman (10-06-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 09:50 PM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

Sorry @Kattman I fell in love with your tire size, I had to copy you. I have a 3 inch lift on the way and decided to go with some BF Goodrich A/T KO2's on my current wheels that will be painted orange Transsyberia style! In the meantime, I've been uploading some more content for the channel. This isn't episode 2, but for those that like to watch all sorts of car content, here's my recent recap of the Lime Rock Park Historics reunion!
Old 10-10-2022, 10:39 PM
Kattman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fuel Files
Sorry @Kattman I fell in love with your tire size, I had to copy you. I have a 3 inch lift on the way and decided to go with some BF Goodrich A/T KO2's on my current wheels that will be painted orange Transsyberia style! In the meantime, I've been uploading some more content for the channel. This isn't episode 2, but for those that like to watch all sorts of car content, here's my recent recap of the Lime Rock Park Historics reunion!
https://youtu.be/Uk6XMh0YApA
No sorry required dude!! I'm a huge fan of the Cayenne off-road or overlander look. Especially when it will be used for that very thing! And I will definitely be enjoying your videos of the transformation..

The 3" lift, with the 275/65r18's will look MEAN!! Can't wait to see how things go..
Old 10-12-2022, 04:30 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Sub'd! I agree on Kattman's VR6--looks great!
Old 10-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

UPDATE

In my complete idiocy and excitement, I decided to order 275/65/18's thinking that my Cayenne had 18's.

WELP, IT DOESN'T.
Yes, I know I should have checked.
​​​​​​​
So now it's time to look for 18s...lesson learned.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:23 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Happy to help. Sorry I didn't catch this error in your "19" post on the other thread earlier!
If you want 18" Porsche wheels, here's an easy site to see the options that were offered by Porsche; http://www.wheelbuyer.com/portal/TWR...eelmv&Retail=1
Old 10-27-2022, 07:32 PM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

Episode 2 with the actual tire arrival officially live! Episode 3 is already in the making as my new set of 18s have arrived along with skid plate, control arms, subframe drop, and 3 inch lift kit are all officially here and already unboxed. In the meantime, enjoy your Friday eve video!
Kattman (10-28-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 08:10 PM
phatz
Three Wheelin'

Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuel Files
Episode 2
Can it handle that large of an offset?

Quick Reply: OH GOOD YET ANOTHER CAYENNE OVERLANDER