OH GOOD YET ANOTHER CAYENNE OVERLANDER

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 09:59 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSchport
Thank you! As of now, yes it is the stock air suspension. It currently does what I need it to for my needs.
In case I missed it, what size tires are you running on your rig? I have a set of those same rims taking up space in my attic and like the look of your tire/wheel combo.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:07 AM
GTSchport
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TomF
In case I missed it, what size tires are you running on your rig? I have a set of those same rims taking up space in my attic and like the look of your tire/wheel combo.
Thank you, they are 255/60/19 Falken Wildpeaks. Speedo is about 6mph off at 80mph (actual speed is 86mph) but it doesn't really bother me.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:12 AM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

NEW EPISODE OFFICIALLY LIVE!

For those that have been watching this build come together, thank you for all the support. I was finally able to go through the car thoroughly and give my opinions on what I like and dislike about this platform and my particular car. I also shed some light on the importance that the Cayenne has when it comes to the Porsche brand and where I think the market could go considering I will be selling this one soon.

Feel free to click the link below to see the video of the overall review of my 6 speed 957; the follow up to the completion of the build and what I considered to be a break-in period.
The following users liked this post:
TRINITONY (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 11:24 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,419 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Cool build. Any thoughts on going further: roof basket/platform, full sized spare, jerry cans, roof-mounted lights, fording kit/snorkel?
Old 02-10-2023, 11:55 PM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chassis
Cool build. Any thoughts on going further: roof basket/platform, full sized spare, jerry cans, roof-mounted lights, fording kit/snorkel?
Full size spare on a V6 might add a little too much weight that I wouldn't want to haul around, I'd feel better adding a roof rack with jerry cans if needed in the future. I also plan to sell soon as I'd like to trade and experience as many cars as possible in my life, so I might also leave the car as is and the next adventurer can go with their ideal set up since everyone has different tastes.

Where it is right now, it's exactly where anyone that wants one of these would be without having to wait on parts, finding a way to install, or wondering what works. Its turn key and ready for adventures and tent set up, should they want to slap something on the roof while also being rare as its manual!
Old 02-24-2023, 01:27 PM
Fuel Files
Rennlist Member

WE'RE BACK!

After getting the Cayenne disgustingly dirty, I figured it was time for a nice detail. We gave it a single stage paint correction with a layer of Sonax coating which is a great product for those looking for something not as serious as ceramic but still excellent for water and easy maintenance. They also brought the interior completely back to life thanks to some heavy steaming and cleaning that went down.

Feel free to watch the video below and see the process on how they brought this thing back to life!

Quick Reply: OH GOOD YET ANOTHER CAYENNE OVERLANDER