Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at 2009 GTS. What to look out for?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 04:37 AM
Glaze88
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Looking at 2009 GTS. What to look out for?

Hey Guys,

I am looking at a 2009 MY10 Cayenne GTS tomorrow and wanted to know what to look out for. The service history is unknown as it was imported from Ireland to Australia in 2014 and owned by a Vietnamese lady since then. A family friend of theirs bought it about 6 months ago, tidied it up, and now has it for sale. The price I can acquire it for is very good, but don't want a money pit straight out of the gates either. Happy to put money into maintenance when required, have owned 2 955 CTT's in the past and loved them.

Thanks in advance and below is the sale spiel-

ONLY GTS for sale in OZ with the must have options of Porche Dynamic Chassis Control PDCC & Porche Active Suspension Management Sports Air Ride Adjustable Suspension. Diff lock. Night and day over standard GTS.
Electric, windows, mirrors, seats, sunroof & tailgate. Leather & Alcantara interior in good condition. Just recently had a paint restore & polish the exterior presents very well.
Just serviced including:
New tyres all round.
New brake pads all round.
New High Quality Oil and filter.
New Air filters x2.
Engine Oil Flush and clean.
Fuel system cleaner and an upper cylinder lube run through on a full tank of 98.
Intake and throttle body professionally cleaned during service.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:56 AM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Nice ride...what's the mileage?

The GTS has no significant issues, compared to the S.

Have you considered a PPI by a qualified shop or maybe the local Porsche dealer?
The following users liked this post:
Glaze88 (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 03:57 PM
PourBoi-Jay
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts

Having just bought a 957 GTS w/ PDCC back in January with a TRULY unknown maintenance history (nowhere near the amount of recent maintenance that this one has), I'd agree with v10rick that there isn't too much to be concerned about. By 2009, many of the cylinder scoring issues had been remedied, but I'd definitely listen out for any engine noises that sound abnormal at idle. The PDCC reservoir will whine more than a non-PDCC car, and the lifters in this motors are relatively noisy.....but try to familiarize yourself with bore scoring sounds on Youtube and verify this motor sounds healthy.

Outside of the maintenance items you mentioned have been handled, I'd look at the Serpentine Belt condition, PDCC & PS fluid condition, water drains, control arm condition, and undercarriage rust (if any). If you purchased this car, plan to flush the driveline fluids (transmission, front & rear diff, & transfer case....made a HUGE difference for me), plugs & coils (another big improvement), and motor mounts (totally transformed the car).

Also, what is the mileage? My car needed a new water pump & t-stat after a few months, just as the car approached 100k.

Mine has cost me a TON in parts since January, but I fortunately do all my own work, and the car was optioned perfectly. So, it's been worth it for me, and I understood what I was taking on.
Hope this works out for you.
The following users liked this post:
Glaze88 (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 05:34 PM
Glaze88
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Guys. The car has 195,000kms so quite a lot. I will be getting an inspection on the vehicle and am always happy to put money into maintenance.

I am inspecting the case in approx 4 hours so will give you an update then.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:19 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Glaze88
Thanks Guys. The car has 195,000kms so quite a lot. I will be getting an inspection on the vehicle and am always happy to put money into maintenance.

I am inspecting the case in approx 4 hours so will give you an update then.
Please post more shots, especially of the interior.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:24 PM
PanamaGTS
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess look out for fake GTSs

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...did-i-buy.html

Quick Reply: Looking at 2009 GTS. What to look out for?