Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When is it my right for a LOANER?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 05:25 PM
magicdracula
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When is it my right for a LOANER?

I went today to the dealership to install the 20” rims on my Cayenne. I booked this appointment about 2 weeks ago.

HOWEVER, they told me that they were fully booked although I have appointment, and the car must stay overnight. Or book another appointment in 2 weeks from now!

I asked for a loaner, they said SORRY, but we can call HERTZ for you????

It's my first time to go to service, is that normal, or Porsche is obliged to provide a loaner?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:45 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Arrange for it before you buy the car.

I bought mine from a dealer that is committed to providing exceptional service...and they do. I have a brand new Cayenne S in my driveway for however long it takes to get my car back to me....and they pick up and deliver so I don't have to drive in.

I arranged this prior to buying and I went with the dealer that was willing to meet my servicing needs. I paid a bit more at this dealer but I consider it money well spent...the superior customer service provided by this dealer is priceless.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:56 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

They wont give you a loaner if your only getting ur 20' rim installed. The only way they will give you a loaner is if your car is in service, getting repaired, etc. But if thats the case they should give you a boxter, but again they dont have too. The next time you book an appt for service tell the service manager to reserve you a porsche loaner.

PS: magicdracula.. Were you behind me today in the black cayenne S??
Old 04-21-2004, 08:17 PM
magicdracula
Instructor

Guys thanks for the inputs.

DC Cape, you are right about that a good dealer is a must, but my dealer in here is supposed to be the best in the area (well there are only 2 dealers in boston ) However, I know that they provide loaners, but maybe I have ask ahead of time for it !!

Jamy, you are right, I should ask for a loaner ahead of time. I was driving on Comm Ave. this after-noon to go to Herb Chambers in a black cayenne S, it could be me
Old 04-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Why do you need the dealer to install your wheels and tires? If you live in a large city there should be many choices for your wheels. I would not wait two weeks and I've never heard of wheels and tires being an overnight project. Two hours tops.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:19 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Magic,

I think you will find a dealer more to your liking a bit north of Boston in Danvers. They are also a Rennlist sponsor (Ira Porsche).
Old 04-22-2004, 01:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Magic,
My local dealer (Inskip in Warwick RI) always provides a loaner vehicle (Cayenne or Boxster). No need to ask or reserve. They are the first car dealership who truly earns 10's on customer feedback surveys.

I agree wtih Don, you should find/experiecne a different dealer
Old 04-22-2004, 02:43 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Doug.

<grin>
Old 04-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking from our own policies, loaners are available free of charge to any Porsche customer that originally purchased their vehicle from us. We're very clear though that if they need a loaner, they have to specify that they need when the appointment is made. A customer can't just make an appointment and then show up and want a car. Unless of course we happen to have a loaner available.

Now in your case, if we had made your appointment in advance, we would have had the vehicle in and out almost immediately. For something as simple as a wheel changeover, you shouldn't have to wait more than an hour (including vehicle wash), and the whole loaner issue wouldn't be an issue.

I just don't understand some dealers. It really isn;t that difficult to make things easy for customers.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:57 PM
plianides
Intermediate

Default Cheap Loaner Car

When I dropped off my CT to have the body & wheel well moldings installed, they needed to keep it overnight. They did provide a loaner - a cheap Chevy econo-box - through a rental agency. And the rental agency kept trying to get me to pay extra for insurance.

It was a real disappointment, I was expecting to get a boxster (or something comparable) as a loaner.

My wife has a Lexus, and she typically gets a IS300 or ES300 as a loaner.

I would have expect something similar from a Porsche dealer, especially after buying a $100K vehicle from them...
Old 04-24-2004, 04:00 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

Guys, thanks a lot for your inputs.

I just wanted to update you about my case. My problem got bigger, and the tires job took even longer (2nd day), with the car being untouched in the service lot, and me paying for Hertz.

I got so angry for that, and I was going to pick up the car the next morning (today) regardless if they installed the tires or not, especially that its such a silly job and I can do it almost anywhere else!!

I went there, the job wasn't done and I felt unwelcomed cause they are "BUSY" .However, I asked to have a little talk with the service manager, and I was honest with him, actually very honest that I told him all what I felt and how unhappy I am, and that I truly REGRET buying the car from them. Surprisingly, he was VERY apologetic and I mean it, the new tires were installed, the car was hand washed all in about 30 minutes, and FREE OF CHARGE !!!

Well, I'm glad they understood their mistake and apologized for it. Hopefully I will receive a good service next time without having to do the "little talk" with the s. manager !!!

Thanks again guys
Old 04-24-2004, 04:06 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Herb Chambers offer free washes if you bought the car from them... So whenever you need a free wash just drop by... but dont be suprised if they tell you to come and pick up your car the next day hehe
Old 04-24-2004, 04:17 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

LOL . Trust me thats the last thing I would want to do !!
Old 04-24-2004, 01:18 PM
KY_soldier
Racer

I second the comment to ask your dealer ahead of time. My dealer provides me a Boxster or Cayenne S as a loaner. I live an hour from them and the service manager lives in between the dealer and me, so I usually do the swap with him halfway. Last night I was getting my Boxster back and came in 5 hours late from my flight and met him at 11pm instead of 6pm. That is what I expect when I spend 100k on a vehicle. It probably didn't hurt that I just spent two grand with them last month on Boxster service (brakes/rotors, wheel bearings, 60k service, alignment).

When I lived in MA, I took my Boxster to Pass & Weisz in Burlington and they provided me Boxster loaners. May want to talk to them if IRA is too far.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:20 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

My Porsche dealer won't provide loaners (even on appointments) as I didn't buy the car from them.

My BMW dealer will and does so gladly-no questions asked. On the 2001 X5 I didn't buy from them and even on a 98 528 (which I didn't buy from them either) long out of warranty.

Guess which dealer I will visit first when I'm shopping for a new SUV?

Porsche, and quite a few Porsche dealers it seems, have a lot to learn when it comes to service. Around here (the Gaithersburg MD area) the local VW dealer trumps them. Hands down.

Quick Reply: When is it my right for a LOANER?