Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne V6 vs. Touareg V8...What would you get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally posted by Torags
I've been thinkin'. I keep my trucks for 2.5 - 3 yrs.

What would I get the next time.

It's going to be tough going back to cheerleaders, after I've been dating a **** queen...
WOW! I never thought of it way!

Old 02-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Brent 89-GT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is pretty simple really, the Cayenne is a Porsche, we buy Porsche's because we WANT them, not because we need them. People buy VW's because they need something in most cases. The Cayenne is the driver of the two, sportier suspension tuning, rear torque bias, superior steering feel, and in the case of the S vs the T v8, a lustier powerplant. I personally would wait for a used S instead of a new Treg or V6 Cayenne, the V8 makes the car.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:38 PM
McDee
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wendelin Wiedeking said: "No one needs a Porsche, but everyone WANTS one!!!"

He´s right, I think.
I have often described why I am going for a Cayenne S (nearly fully loaded).
There are so many reasons.
The last, but not the least, reason is: It´s a Porsche!
I have driven the T-reg and the Cayenne sooooo often, to compare these cars. And the Cayenne impressed me much more over all.
So: Go for the Cayenne!

Old 02-12-2004, 12:32 AM
JGriff
Racer

Originally posted by alin2
JGriff,

The V6 is very nice and capable, but wait until you try the V8. And, God forbid you try the TT. I got sucked into the TT and I'm still trying to explain the the wife on why I traded in a C-S 4 months and 4000 miles later for a TT...
I did manage to drive the C-S at a PCA gathering on the official launch date... and I thought it was fantastic.

I think you're right... I'll probably end up going for a "previously obsessed over" (as Porsche advertises) C-S... most likely one that was traded in towards a TT... like yours!!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:51 AM
JGriff
Racer

Originally posted by alin2
JGriff,

The V6 is very nice and capable, but wait until you try the V8. And, God forbid you try the TT. I got sucked into the TT and I'm still trying to explain the the wife on why I traded in a C-S 4 months and 4000 miles later for a TT...
I did manage to drive the C-S at a PCA gathering on the official launch date... and I thought it was fantastic.

I think you're right... I'll probably end up going for a "previously obsessed over" (as Porsche advertises) C-S... most likely one that was traded in towards a TT... like yours!!
Old 02-13-2004, 07:35 AM
69COU
Racer

Why not do a comparison on the VW Toerag V6 vs. the Cayenne V6 for drive , power overall value.

Compare like with like so to speak.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

just to add fuel to the fire - i thought this was interesting
*pictures borrowed from the tire rack"
dunno what i would do but the T-reg gets the nod over the V6 cayenne - simple value for the $ - but spending a little more it's really worth it to get the C-S all IMHO
Old 02-13-2004, 12:29 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

We have a neighbor who bought himself a V-8 T-reg (mostly because there is NO Porsche dealer in the State of Arkansas) and he is very unhappy with it. He just didn't want to drive 4 hours to Dallas to buy one. I am SOOOOOOOO happy with my Cayenne S. When we compared notes about the differences in our automobiles performance his face just got longer. He should have listened to his car-fanatic son who wanted him to go to Dallas to buy a Cayenne S instead.... Sometimes the 'kid' (and the neighbor) can be right.

JoAnne

Quick Reply: Cayenne V6 vs. Touareg V8...What would you get?