Sponsored by:

Cyenne Turbo front bumper on Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Mav
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Cyenne Turbo front bumper on Cayenne S

Hi all, How many of you like the look of Cayenne Turbo's from bumper look more than the Cayenne S and V6's front bumper look? I love Turbo's front. But turbo is too costly for me. Now Gert from Carnewal has the solution for me! I may go for it. I also interested in how you guys think. BTW, anyone know a good body shop who can help me to paint and mount the bumper?
Old 02-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're using factory components, keep in mind some modifications may need to be made to the Turbo bumper. If you don't have Park Assist, you'll need to fill the 6 holes in the Trubo bumper. Also, if you don't have headlight washers, you'll need to take care of those holes. If you do have healdight washers, you'll need new covers, as the Turbo and V6/S covers are different. Not to mention all the additional grille work and whatnot.

We recently installed a Turbo front bumper on an S. It was a serious pain in the ***.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Mav
Racer

Difference Engine, Sorry, what cover? I do have both headlight washers and park assist. Gert's turbo front kit includes: Turbo bumper cover, the lower valance, the grills, the covers for the bumper and a bracket. Anything else? Thanks in advance
Old 02-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Mav
Racer

Difference Engine, BTW, I know turbo front hood is differnt from S'. Do you have a picture of your recent work on the conversion?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:56 PM
cayenneman
Advanced

I want the conversion minus the hood. What's it cost and how do I get it?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Mav
Racer

cayenneman,
Gert has them. Here is his website: http://www.carnewal-europe.com . The kit is not listed. But, he has them in stock. I am looking for a good body shop first before I will order them.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:55 PM
cayenneman
Advanced

mav,

Do you have a price?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Mav
Racer

1150 Euro shipping included. I think the painting and installation should be <$1000USD
Old 02-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mav, the headlight washers on the Cayennes pop up out of the front bumper. There is a painted cap on it so it fits flush with the body. The cpas on the Turbo are different than those on the V6/S.

I didn't get a pic of the completed conversion, as he picked up the vehicle before I had a chance, but when he's in for service next I plan to.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, sorry to popup this (very) old thread, but..
I tried to do this mod, bought a turbo bumper, bought the turbo grille, make the bumper painted to my color, and ..at the mounting, found that
- The sensors (park assist) of the turbo has a different size than the one of my "S"
- The washer caps are different (shape) in the turbo than on my "S"

OK, up to now, we all can read this on the (exellent) posts of this Forum, but this is not all !

- The washer of the tubo seems to be different from the ones of the "S", and they do mount with a kind of angle, while the ones of the "S" are almost "vertical"
- The mounting hardware of the washers of the turbo is different than the washer of the "S".

Sure, it is possible, ..but it seems to becomes costly !
True, that I'm "half way", but, for now, I gave up, waiting to find experienced advises, in order to know better the right path !!!
So, if any of you get the full details of this mod, I would be happy to read !
To be accurate, I have a Turbo bumper, ..with all the 4 turbo grilles, and the "trick" would be to put it on a 06 "S", that has park assist and washers !!

Quick Reply: Cyenne Turbo front bumper on Cayenne S