Boost then no Boost intermittent issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boost then no Boost intermittent issues

Anyone know what's happening to my Cayenne. it's sometimes feels like it has no power, and the boost only hits below 4 bars, then I could pull over turn it off restart the engine and floor it again and the power and boost will hit >8 bars. I did have a code recently for 1094 which I know is maybe the MAF, but it went away, and it only came on when I turned off the PSM put it in Sports mode and floored it.

I've had a boost leak before, and then the Boost would only hit .4 This is just intermittent. Would I be right in assuming one of the MAF sensors is on the way out. I did have K&Ns in the airbox for a while but took them out and replaced them with good old paper filters.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,727 Likes on 4,279 Posts

If your K&Ns were over-oiled, they could have damaged the MAF. Could also have a diverter valve that's not working correctly where the spring is getting tired and opening too soon on occasion.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

thanks that helps a lot, I had the diverters done along with fixes in the leaky hoses a year plus ago but who knows with any parts. The other noticeable issues is the shudder (best described) to acceleration. I also checked the hoses around the throttle body today and found the plenum to the airbox is worn with some surface cracks - not sure I want to replace it with an IPD plenum - seems like snake oil for so much.

I've been thinking of buying the E81 intake and throttle body from Suncoast, I guess I could do it all at once. I really don't want to get rid of this beast yet.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:46 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,727 Likes on 4,279 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
thanks that helps a lot, I had the diverters done along with fixes in the leaky hoses a year plus ago but who knows with any parts. The other noticeable issues is the shudder (best described) to acceleration. I also checked the hoses around the throttle body today and found the plenum to the airbox is worn with some surface cracks - not sure I want to replace it with an IPD plenum - seems like snake oil for so much.

I've been thinking of buying the E81 intake and throttle body from Suncoast, I guess I could do it all at once. I really don't want to get rid of this beast yet.
I have the pristine volcano grey intake plenum (Y-pipe) from my 09 Turbo S for sale in my Cayenne parts ad. I believe the Turbo S one is larger diameter than the regular Turbo one so would be a nice upgrade without spending the money for an ipd one, which is what I installed as part of my extensive intake and exhaust mods list.

My Cayenne parts ad is here -

​https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-marketplace/1098299-fs-cayenne-957-turbo-s-parts-leftover-from-my-recent-widbody-build.html#post15316491​​​​​​

Let me know.

Pete
Old 02-17-2019, 10:31 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

I will thanks

I also found a 2012 Turbo S intake manifold and throttle body for sale, I wonder if it would fit the 957? I've seen where people have taken the performance version and put them on 958s. I can get this for super cheap as it's a salvage part.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:02 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

I've seen Spectra MAF's cheap as a possible replacement for the Bosch MAF, has anyone used them - any issues. Im always nervous of using some these cheaper products - last thing I need is another MAF code to replace the existing MAF code lol
Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Get either the Walker Products MAF or better, Delphi MAF.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I took a look and couldn't find anyone selling them online for a Cayenne Turbo? Where did you get yours if that's what you used?
Old 02-21-2019, 12:14 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
Thanks, I took a look and couldn't find anyone selling them online for a Cayenne Turbo? Where did you get yours if that's what you used?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-AF10...frcectupt=true
Old 02-25-2019, 11:54 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Thanks

Quick Reply: Boost then no Boost intermittent issues