Sponsored by:

Can you adjust throttle rate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 07:45 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 571 Likes on 385 Posts
Default Can you adjust throttle rate?

Is it possible to adjust the rate of the throttle? I'd like it to be a little more progressive for my wife, it's a little touchy on the initial 1/8th of travel. Not sure if it can be adjusted electronically via durametric.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:01 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you looked at Pedal Commander?

https://www.pedalcommander.com/produ...v=7516fd43adaa
Old 12-17-2018, 01:24 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_993
Is it possible to adjust the rate of the throttle? I'd like it to be a little more progressive for my wife, it's a little touchy on the initial 1/8th of travel. Not sure if it can be adjusted electronically via durametric.
I'd have to guess not. There is an aftermarket module that makes the throttle even touchier - but none I've heard of that make it more progressive. I don't believe that's doable with Durametric, or any other tool that talks to the ECU. You might try calibrating the electronic throttle body.. (turn the ignition on without starting the engine, press the pedal a few times - the ECU learns the range of the pedal resistors.)
Old 12-17-2018, 06:09 PM
ScootCherHienie
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

A 957 that's a "little touchy" on the throttle? Never happens to me unless I am in sport mode. Are you sure it's not in Sport mode when she is driving? The 957s start out in 2nd gear when not in sport mode. This makes smooth getaways SUPER easy, but the lazy downshift to first if you need first for a burst of acceleration, can be quite long. My brother has an X5 that always starts in 1st gear and they hate it because it is too jumpy getting rolling. When I showed him the Cayenne in "non-Sport" mode he found the soft start in 2nd gear was perfect. What road speeds does your wife find the throttle too laggy? Is it just feeling laggy because the downshifts take so long when she steps on the gas a bit? Or something else? The downshifts on these automatics are embarrassingly slow for a high-performance car company. On the other hand, she may find Sport mode too responsive... there's quite a difference in response to the gas pedal. So by "progressive" what are you trying to get to, exactly? Do you want LESS jumpiness when stepping on the gas or quicker response when she steps on the gas? And what driving mode is she using and has she tried BOTH modes to see which one is closer to what she wants?
Old 12-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,772 Likes on 4,310 Posts

I can't stand the 2nd gear start, so the first thing I do when starting the car is press the Sport button, then the normal button for a slightly softer ride. I wish there was a way to store this as a default preference, but there's not.

The Sprint Booster is a solution that augments the throttle input like Don was referencing, but I think you want to do the opposite.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:03 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 571 Likes on 385 Posts

Thanks for the inputs ideas. I will leave as is.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:43 PM
tomhartzell
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

In addition to doing what Don discussed for calibrating the electronic throttle body above, I also turned PSM off in normal (non-Sport) mode for the first time a month or so ago. Even though the Cayenne was still in normal mode, it started out in 1st gear and was noticeably more responsive than with PSM turn on. While the manual doesn’t discuss what exactly happens with PSM turned off, it does say turning PSM off affects the Cayenne’s responsiveness.

After driving 15-20 miles or so with PSM turned off, I turned it back on. The Cayenne was now more responsive with PSM turned back on in normal mode, even though it was starting out in 2nd gear.

Quick Reply: Can you adjust throttle rate?