Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Long(ish) Drive in the Books!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 10:50 PM
SheriffShaner111
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Long(ish) Drive in the Books!

I had to take a drive from north of Bowling Green Ky (home of the corvette!) down to Nashville, TN for a doctors appointment and decided to take the CTT. Almost 200 miles and not a hiccup. Smooth as glass, SO MUCH POWER and even got a few looks at Top Golf from some admirers. I’m just waiting for something to implode, explode, or lock up now.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:29 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Good to hear. Does your CTT have sport seats or comfort? I have sport, and at first I thought they were a bit uncomfortable - a bit on the narrow side. However, they have really grown on me and long trips are a breeze. The thing just eats highway miles. Took trip this spring from Indy to Cleveland and back and couldn't have enjoyed the travel more.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:22 AM
SheriffShaner111
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Avec
Good to hear. Does your CTT have sport seats or comfort? I have sport, and at first I thought they were a bit uncomfortable - a bit on the narrow side. However, they have really grown on me and long trips are a breeze. The thing just eats highway miles. Took trip this spring from Indy to Cleveland and back and couldn't have enjoyed the travel more.
Im fairly sure it has the comfort. In the options list it says “soft look leather seats”. Very comfortable. And I’m a pretty large man.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:26 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,172 Likes on 3,936 Posts

and so true - I can't believe the way these things eat miles - seems like it could run 100 MPH all day long if you didn't have to worry about tickets or traffic with 2 fingers on the wheel and the occupants in total comfort. I've done 3 trips in mine so far this summer after getting the project completed - 20 hour round trip to FL, 10 hour round trip to Myrtle Beach, and 6 hour round trip to NC.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:01 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes, the combination of comfort and capability is unparalleled. It makes the 70mph speed limit seem cartoonishly low for these very capable German autobahn cruisers with an experienced and assertive pilot behind the wheel. I guess between the green movement and modern trend of most distracted drivers having a phone in one hand... the traffic statistics will never allow for speed limits to be raised again. The Music City traffic enforcement is pretty aggressive and with city speed limits of 55mph, but everyone going 70+mph makes it a pretty difficult to be law abiding and safe. Glad to hear you escaped without any tickets, Sheriff! ;-)
Old 08-31-2018, 04:18 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

You should get them out and use them a bit.. my old 955 S/**** went from NJ to California, with a long detour on the way home to NJ to the northwest states. Current 958/TT has been to California and back twice, all over the southeastern US, up through Canada and on a number of roads that were so deserted there was effectively no speed limit (cruises very nicely at 100MPH..) Only equipment failure in three coast-to-coast trips was a side-marker light on the 955. Changed it in the car parts store parking lot. I did change my transfer case oil in California last trip, thanks to a 6speedonline friend who offered me his spotless garage - but it wasn't really needed.

These aren't 911's - these Porsches can actually be used and driven in rain and snow and duststorms..
Old 08-31-2018, 04:21 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by SheriffShaner111
I’m just waiting for something to implode, explode, or lock up now.
Don't visit the forums as much. Not that many people will think a 200-mile round trip that had no problems is notable enough to mention here. Most people report problems. Most people don't have problems and there are lots of Cayenne owners who would go "Rennlist? Whazzat?"..

Quick Reply: First Long(ish) Drive in the Books!