Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDCC module blowing fuse 44 (right side)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 10:52 AM
ryders
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDCC module blowing fuse 44 (right side)

2008 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC

About a month ago, I was making a right hand turn and went over a rail road track (pretty rough surface) and I got "WARNING CHASSIS SYSTEM". It was pretty obvious that PDCC was dead because the car handled like crap. Air suspension works fine, but doesn't let me control it at all, I can't change ride height, it does autolevel though.

So I searched all the PDCC related fuses and found that fuse 44 on the right hand side of the dash was blown (5A), I replaced it and the car drove normally for another week before blowing it. Now if I put in a 5A fuse it immediately blows as soon as you turn on the ignition (even with the car off).

I took it to a shop to get some diagnosis and they tried disconnecting all the modules tied to fuse 44 one at a time, and found the PDCC was causing it to blow. BUT they also said the PDCC module is a Porsche only part, and I found something alluding to the fact that it may need to be VIN coded.

Does ANYONE have experience replacing this module? Has anyone ever had this issue before? Does anyone even have the part number for this? The shop said it's located somewhere in the center console. I have a workshop manual showing the fuses and what they run to, but it apparently doesn't include PDCC vehicles because I didn't see that module in the diagrams.

Last edited by ryders; 07-09-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: adding year of vehicle.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:41 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

Porsche PDCC pn 95561806811 #35.
Begin your research with this pn. Apparently the pn changes with engine type.

From another forum...
PDCC controller is in a very difficult to get to position under the rear seats.

And another...

https://workshop-manuals.com/porsche...ons/page_4031/

Last edited by v10rick; 07-09-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:39 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Look at the connections on the sway bars. If those are not fully seated it might be blowing that fuse. Happened to me on the 08 ctt when rebuilding pdcc / servo pump and both sway bars.
Stupid af, had to clean the connectors, push it in completely and done, no errors since. Or just inspect cabling going to the sway bars for damage - they are low and might be damaged just enough to blow the fuse.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:18 AM
ryders
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I found the PDCC module and removed it, and it's still blowing fuses, so i'm thinking it could be something else on that same circuit. I did have the shop inspect the sway bar system and everything was really clean.

Thanks for the info on the PDCC module, it helped me locate and remove it, but i'm still blowing fuses so I suspect that the PDCC isn't actually the issue now? which is strange.

EDIT: Ok I think i was chasing my tail on the PDCC module, I think it's just dependent on this other module in the wiring diagram below. Does anyone know where or what the "Running Gear Switch Module" is, google searches return exactly zero results for this. BUT I do think this is what's blowing my fuse 44.

Last edited by ryders; 07-12-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:43 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by ryders
BUT I do think this is what's blowing my fuse 44.
What leads you to that conclusion? Have you unplugged either module and replaced the fuse? Measured the current drawn? Checked the wiring?

Quick Reply: PDCC module blowing fuse 44 (right side)