Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

955 TTS Oil Leak - Drivers Side Turbo Housing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 01:41 PM
jbaker136
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

@icspres, what part of NOVA are you located in? I am in the Vienna/Reston area and have an 04 CTT that I just did the water pump, idlers, belt and pressure tube seals. I would be glad to share my experience with you. I think you can get the balancer bolt out if you just remove the fan shroud package. I did that when doing my pump and it made things so much easier to access. Send me a private message if you want to talk about this more or if you need a hand or need to borrow any tools. Thanks

Jeff
Old 05-21-2018, 02:08 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by jbaker136
@icspres, what part of NOVA are you located in? I am in the Vienna/Reston area and have an 04 CTT that I just did the water pump, idlers, belt and pressure tube seals. I would be glad to share my experience with you. I think you can get the balancer bolt out if you just remove the fan shroud package. I did that when doing my pump and it made things so much easier to access. Send me a private message if you want to talk about this more or if you need a hand or need to borrow any tools. Thanks

Jeff
Jeff, thanks.I'm in Leesburg. I'm not doing the work myself, don't have the skills. My mechanic is in Sterling. I've already sourced some of the parts, but have a whole nuther list I just put together from Nodoors Alternator thread, going to replace the alternator too while we're in there. I might shoot you a note privately later, thanks much for offering.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:42 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Just ordered the alternator replacement "kit" from Gaudin Porsche. This is going to be one damn expensive oil leak. Feels good getting all this done though.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:33 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

icspres, I am about to post an update to that thread. If you are switching over from the delphi to hitachi model then you will also need these two parts (and you will not need this part which I mistakenly bough and posted, it is only $7 though in case you already did 948-106-362-01 ):

The water lines are oriented differently on the hitachi. The ports are located on the top instead of on the front, so these are basically 90 degree elbows fittings to adapt the intake and outlet lines:Intake Tube Connector948-106-462-00Neck948-106-561-00
Old 05-22-2018, 11:36 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Also, in this post I made it a little clearer what you need to do and parts needed to fully rejuvenate the intake side:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post15026514
Old 05-23-2018, 05:56 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Accidentally posted this on the wrong thread. Reposting here to my thread. Mod can delete the other if they want.

Update:

Well add Gaudin Porsche Parts to the list of Stealerships I'll never give another red cent to. They just absolutely ruined my lunch with my son. Called me up and flippantly demanded the vin again. Keep in mind the parts were supposed to be on the way, order placed days ago. I read the guy the vin at the shop 20 miles from here, have it somewhere but definitely not handy. Guy I spoke with was a total dick, didn't give a damn that he was putting me out. When I told him I wasn't pleased he told be about three times in quick succession that he'd be happy to cancel my order. GUYS, THESE ******** DON"T DESERVE OUR BUSINESS. I'd already vowed to never give a Porsche dealer my sales or service business anymore. Now you can add parts to that. AutohausAZ is working up a supplemental quote for the alternator in addition to the one I'd already received for the original problem. Gaudin can smoke a turd in hell.

EDIT: Had to go back and *** my own profanity. Surprised this forum doesn't have a filter.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:49 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Sunset Porsche, much nicer, same pricing. Parts ordered. Taking too long, want my pig back.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:56 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by icspres
Sunset Porsche, much nicer, same pricing. Parts ordered. Taking too long, want my pig back.
Two full weeks later and the parts finally show up...to the wrong address. I caught they were shipping to the billing address on the invoice days before they shipped, called and was absolutely assured they had it corrected. Nope. Had to drive 6hrs round trip to my MD office to pick everything up. FINALLY have all the parts to my indy for the work. CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY PIG BACK.

One stupid little oil leak and I'm replacing the water pump, alternator, thermostat and tensioner/pulley. Of course, right? Why not. Kinda feels good to take the shotgun approach to WYAIT repairs.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:55 PM
Joel928s4
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ICSPRES, I'm not sure if you ever got this sorted, it sounds like the leak was from the timing chain cover but if it isn’t, you may have an intercooler leak. I just picked up a set of Turbo S intercoolers and when I took them in to have them cleaned the shop found leaks in each of them. Magcloride (used on our snowy roads in Colorado) eat aluminum and as you can see, introduce leaks. In the picture you can see that the leak came from a hole. There are some black spots where the same type of corrosion is starting. below the hole There was more oil inside of the intercooler than I expected to see as well.It could be that oil is splattering up onto your cam cover if you have a leak. Good luck, Joel

Last edited by Joel928s4; 02-29-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 955 TTS Oil Leak - Drivers Side Turbo Housing?