Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Did You Do To (or With) Your Cayenne Today ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,167 Likes on 3,931 Posts

In preparation for my first multi-hour trip this afternoon since getting her back from the widebody conversion, I added Bluetooth streaming audio to my 2009 TTS to work alongside the inherent BT functionality for phone calls. PCM is connected as the phone source and BT receiver as the media source plugged into the AUX jack in the console.

Goal was to be able to stream Pandora and Waze info and have handsfree call capability ,like I do in my other vehicles.

Bought this from Amazon
Mpow Bluetooth Receiver Transmitter, 2-in-1 Wireless Bluetooth Adapter, Bluetooth Receiver for Car Home Stereo System to Enjoy Music,Bluetooth Transmitter for Enjoyiny Night TV Show (A2DP/AVRCP) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P20TFWM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MZj7AbMJWE5KW

charged it up and plugged it into the USB port for charging and the AUX port, paired it with the phone, and wallah

I specifically chose this one since it didn't have a microphone for calls, as I only wanted it to connect as the BT media profile and not the phone one.
The following users liked this post:
imhighlander (06-09-2020)
Old 05-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Cayenne Mods
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a working semi-retrofit RGB headlight kit installed in my Cayenne. Lighting controlled via Bluetooth app on iOS / Android. Uses original Porsche wiring, no additional ballasts or modification. Also has active "override" switch in case the infamous sudden lights start flashing behind your vehicle and you need a clean white LED displayed for your friendly neighborhood officer. Also made a tutorial for any other enthusiasts that care to try this mod out as well, will recheck the forums policies before posting the link to my tutorial to make sure I don't get banned for doing so.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:39 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cayenne Mods
will recheck the forums policies before posting the link to my tutorial to make sure I don't get banned for doing so.
It might be more likely that you'd get banned from here for doing this to your Cayenne 😜

I'm just messing with you.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:03 PM
dhc905
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

LOL. I thought the same thing.

Originally Posted by Petza914
It might be more likely that you'd get banned from here for doing this to your Cayenne 😜

I'm just messing with you.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:59 AM
D3RP
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorted a handful of little stuff. New to me ‘06 tts purchase over the winter.
Lubed the sunroof
Replaced passenger side mirror (PO had some hack job replacement)
Replaced front turn signal lamp
Swapped side markers from amber to clear
Swapped fog lamps to PIAA yellow
Cleaned brake calipers
Old 05-07-2018, 02:05 AM
dhc905
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

How'd you lube the sunroof? I sprayed some garage door lube on the tracks but no improvement to a squeaky open/close...
Old 05-08-2018, 02:36 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis

My Dad’s Macan is the 2016 S version with adjustable shocks, but no air suspension and 20” all season Michelins.

I am pretty sure he had it in comfort mode and I thought I switched it to normal before I drove off with him. Must not have switched since the ride didn’t change. For reference, Bay Area 680 between Pleasanton to Fremont has a variety of pavement quality so the suspension gets a work out. What surprised me the most is the dampening. There was a lot of vertical movement. It was controlled, but not what I would consider Porsche like.

Some context for comparison. My son’s R53 with H sport springs and Bilstein is stiff, but liveable and fun. My 993 with Pss9s is controlled and very planted (5-6 setting on shocks).
I felt the same way after test driving a Macan turbo with similar suspension. But then again, I'm comparing it to a Pig S with air suspension.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default Installed a Custom Phone Mount

I use the Steelie magnetic phone mount in all my vehicles,

Amazon Amazon

which consists of a metal ball base and then a magnetic receiver that attaches to the back of your phone. Since I have bases in all of my cars already and the concave magnetic receiver on my phone, now that I have the Cayenne back, needed to make it compatible for trips. The problem was, I couldn't find a good location onto which I could adhere one of these bases that: A) wouldn't be in the way of something, or B) wouldn't cause damage to whatever I stuck it to upon removal.

What I ended up doing was sourcing a threaded 1" ferrous ball from www.bearingballs.com and purchasing just the mounting bracket from Rennline's Cayenne phone mount kit, then using a 1/4-20 bolt with a 3/4" spacer threaded into the ball. The Rennline bracket is a great design as you pop off the PCM surround trim, and it wedges into the gap between the leather console and the trim, using the 2 left PCM attachment screws to hold is securely in place. It can also be mounted on either the left side or the right side.

http://www.rennline.com/ExactFit-Mag...tinfo/PM01.07/

Before installing the bracket (for clearance reasons) I put a lock-washer on the bolt, then threaded the bolt through the bracket, then slipped on the spacer, and threaded on the ball until tight, then installed the bracket into the console.

Works Perfectly - doesn't block any of the controls, if far enough from the control stalks on the right side of the wheel to not have any interference and is in plain view for ease of use with Pandora & Waze while driving. I have an app on my phone that let's me force 180 degree screen rotation so it can be mounted inverted and work normally. If you mount the magnetic receive in the middle of the phone, it wants to spin when you drive and hit bumps, and you can't place it at the top of the phone since on an LG that's where the camera lens, power button, & fingerprint reader are - so you mount it at the bottom and just the phone upside down. The Steelie mount for the phone has a rubber section in the center that helps it grip to the ball and not rotate too.

rgbios (11-04-2023)
Old 05-12-2018, 02:03 AM
bigbevo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed the oil. These freaking panels were a PITA to get off and get back on. The third panel you have to remove only covers the oil drain plug halfway. Really?

Panels!

Notice how I have all the screws in a hat? Guess what happens next? Wife finds one out in the driveway the day AFTER I changed the oil. At least it didn't end up in the tire!

I also didn't spill a drop of oil! Holy Crap, it was everywhere. Previous oil stains from previous car. No oil leaks I can see....well now that I've jinxed it.
Bert MacQueen (07-10-2020)
Old 05-14-2018, 03:48 PM
kino1161
Pro

Petza, where did you get that Porsche resting foot pedal from and how much was it? Also where and how much for those floor covers? Your interior looks nice.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kino1161
Petza, where did you get that Porsche resting foot pedal from and how much was it? Also where and how much for those floor covers? Your interior looks nice.
Thanks. The Dead pedal with the crest is from Rennline (www.rennline.com) and the floor mats are Autopreme (www.autopreme.com).
Old 05-14-2018, 07:03 PM
fortysixandtwo
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I took the 05 CTT for a weekend trip up to the mountains. Tons of fun up and down the twisty mountain roads.

It kept giving me air suspension warnings while above 7000'. The warnings have gone away now that I'm back to sea level. Looks like an air compessor rebuild is in the near future.

Last edited by fortysixandtwo; 05-14-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:27 AM
kino1161
Pro

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2018, 06:30 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

Installed Denison 500S BT today. Success! I now have fully Integrated bluetooth using factory PSM. All the controls on steering wheel and headend worked perfectly (i.e. Next track, etc) Streaming audio form iPhone and Pandora works great...very happy.

Took advantage of the spring deal from Eric at BumperPlugs.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:47 PM
Uncle Jimmy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today I took the pig for a 400km round trip to a French border town with the wife for some cake and coffee. It did well averaging 180-190kph. A few times, I kicked it up to 230kph and it handled to autobahn like a charm.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To (or With) Your Cayenne Today ?