PB Brakes Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 10:48 AM
BlackTurboS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PB Brakes Update

Hi Ya'll,

As some of you may know I put huge PB Brakes on my 2009 Cayenne Turbo S instead of the OEM big red replacements. I did a full kit, calipers, pads, slotted/drilled rotors, etc. I have nothing but good things to say about them and the stopping power on the PB kit has been outstanding. I wanted to share the latest update with others considering their brake options. I just got her back from the shop and all is good, but it will need front brakes again after this coming winter. I got a quote for replacement rotors/pads from PB... and its $600 LOL. My long term strategy on brakes is now paying off. Far less money than the OEM replacements, yet better stopping power and performance.

The best part is that I will end up getting just over 30k miles on my brakes before replacing the pads/rotors. To me, that is well worth it compared to the $1600 OEM rotors, $300 pads, etc. Happy camper over here! Just wanted to pass it along.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:08 PM
phatz
Three Wheelin'

Received 181 Likes on 139 Posts

What are the 60 to 0 distances before and after?
Old 10-12-2017, 01:08 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Same results here - and about 5 other guys I recommended PB brakes to.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:46 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Default PB Brakes

My only complaint on them was they were originally on here trying to sell a set of replacement 380mm rotors for Turbo S/E-81 brakes that were narrower than OEM. That would have put the pistons very extended at the end of pad life.
After a lot of questions from other Cayenne owners they finally came out with a wider rotor. Maybe it is just the Engineer in me but why would they have come up with a design like that in the first place?
Old 10-13-2017, 11:35 AM
BlackTurboS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
Same results here - and about 5 other guys I recommended PB brakes to.
A sincere thanks again Lupo! Hope all is well. Enjoyed reading about your wife's CTT lately and some of the challenges it is/was having. Hopefully it is running better now and is a dependable DD.

Can't say enough about the PB brakes. No, I don't have the 60-0 measurements as one poster asked above, but based on my personal experience, costs, and stopping power I am confident I made the right choice.

Just as an FYI - I am currently planning my next round of maintenance for winter. Going to put resonated cat bypass pipes, softronic tune, and HHR cold air intakes. I think that should do it for me. I think that would bring me to around 620HP on the low end estimate? Plenty for me!

Quick Reply: PB Brakes Update