Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing the iSimple ISFM2351 FM modulator w/Bluetooth into my '04 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017 | 07:19 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by rting
The knee pad being the panel left of the left knee if I am sitting in the passenger's seat?
No - the one under the glovebox.
Old 10-07-2017 | 12:39 PM
rting
Instructor

Smile

Done with the re-mod.

The right fuse panel for switched power: I chose an empty fuse slot - #50. I believe the bottom row of fuse slots are all switched as all of the empty ones in the same row I tested are switched. So I just crimped the wire I fished through and plug in an extra fuse into the adapter and I am done with the fuse box mod.

Key issues that I can see / encountered:
1. My copy of my '04 Cayenne S user manual seems to think both fuse panels are on the left - Had to put that emoji here for some drama because I think at least my copy has a typo in there!
2. Removing the knee panel below the glove box is easy but the single screw holding the knee panel up is hard to find. It is located along the edge where the panel meets the bottom of the glove box ... due to the panel's low and under position, I had to use my phone's camera to snap some videos and photos and that took some time. Hope everyone else have better luck. So knee panel is removed with a T-15 torque screw's bit. The CRD23 unit is attached with T-20 torque screws. Please note.
3. After removing the CDR23 from the centre, I had to shine a flash light from below to see where I can fish a wire through. I tried shining a flash light from above and inside the cavity that belongs to the CDR23 and it did not work well - as I could not see the flash light from below. I may have to put my head up against the firewall to see it.
4. Regardless, it seems that the only location to place the bluetooth unit is with double sided tape and immediate behind the CDR23 unit - otherwise, fishing wiring harness through the same slot in point 3 above is impossible - for me at least.
5. Chose the same brown wire - pin 8 of socket A (the large 8 pins black socket) - as ground.
6. Also, I did not attempt to fish the microphone's wire through the same spot in point 3 as the wire is too flexible - it was very late at night and I want to get it done. I thought I could in theory tie it's one end to the 12V switched power wire which I just fished through but not yet connected - and slide the microphone wire through by pulling the power wire. I did have the power wire extra long.

I will be testing this today, etc. and hopefully there is no issue. Initially, it works exactly the way it is advertised. I still have to test the app - iPhone App and Android App both available. I think. It is currently broadcasting into the CDR23 on the default frequency of 98.1MHz and I do not have any radio station at that frequency so may just leave it there. The app have at least one function - changing of the broadcast frequency. Last time I tried it the app did not changed the default frequency, however.

So far so good - not ideal but good.

Last edited by rting; 10-07-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2017 | 09:39 PM
19psi
Burning Brakes

1. My copy of my '04 Cayenne S model seems to think both fuse panels are on the left - Had to put that emoji here for some drama because I think at least my copy has a typo in there!
Yes there is! I was beyond pissed when I first looked at my left fuse box and thought someone just put random fuses in all over the place.

Hope you got everything sorted out and it works well for you.
BTW, do you have the Bose system?
Old 10-07-2017 | 11:12 PM
rting
Instructor

I did not do any testing today will take the car out tomorrow though.

Originally Posted by 19psi
BTW, do you have the Bose system?
LOL on the typo!

Yes, I have a Bose system with a subwoofer in the trunk and no spare tires.

Thoughts?

Last edited by rting; 10-07-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Installing the iSimple ISFM2351 FM modulator w/Bluetooth into my '04 Cayenne S