Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 04:02 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We need Boxster Owners help reviewing our new Boxster parts

986 Rennlisters,
GT3 TEK needs your help,
Even though we were well received by lots of Boxster owners at Rennsport Reunion IV in October when we introduced our new 986 Boxster Spyder RS Aero kit in 100% unbreakable polyurethane, we still need more early 986 owners (97-04) to review our new Boxster Spyder RS Aero kit and let us know your thoughts about the way the kit improves/changes the styling of a somewhat boring stock 986 body and makes it more current (kind of spyderish). Two areas we would like you to pay special attention to is our faux front center radiator inlet and the way it makes/changes the overall look of the bumpercap and the prototype rear wing which is an actual airfoil producing downforce above certain speeds, not just a decklid decoration.

Here is a hyperlink to our 986 kit webpage http://www.gt3tek.com/products/gt3986boxsterkit.htm

Like all GT3 TEK polyurethane parts, there are no permanent installation modifications to your 97-04 Boxster and most handy guys can easily DIY install the whole kit in a couple of hours after paint. Take a look at some of our GT3 TEK installation videos on youtube and see how easy it really is.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...l3-1.0.1.1l3l0

Unlike some aero tuners, we did not want to take anything away from the original styling, we just wanted to help owners freshen the look of their 986's without breaking the bank, while making sure the parts were unbreakable.

Thanks in advance............Team GT3 TEK
Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

I'm totally surprised! 131 Views and no one wants to make a comment good or bad? Come on 986 owners speak up, we are just looking for any objective review a boxster owner might have to help us make decisions about what direction our 986 aero tuning program should move.

Team GT3 TEK
Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 AM
grtc68
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 986.

I like the front lip...and would be interested in buying that alone, since I have RUF rockers and rear spoiler, both in carbon.

I think your rockers could be a little more aggressive, but not so much that it would look out of place.

I like the slightly different rear spoiler look than a similar one advertised on e-bay.

I also like that you made the rear bumper more current to newer models...understanding that it adds nothing to performance, just good looks.

I truly appreciate you guys thinking of us early 986 owners. The car looks sharp without being too gaudy.

Aloha/Kimo

Last edited by grtc68; 01-18-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: added notification option
Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 AM
grtc68
4th Gear

One recommendation on another option for a rear wing is to make one that would fit in the existing auto spoiler that is much better looking, fit, and functional than the ebay or zeintec wings...
Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 215 Posts

GT3 TEK.... Your reputation for quality precedes you. However, I for one prefer the OEM look. Good luck with your products.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Thanks you two, since it's hard to gauge what you 986 owners really want in an aero tuning kit your comments mean a lot to us.

Please keep them coming!

Cheers.......Team GT3 TEK
Old 01-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Silver986
AutoX

I love the rear diffuser and wing.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Silver986
AutoX

Being in the market for a body kit, I'm going to add the rear diffuser and wing to my buy list.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:28 PM
AlpharettaRK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I concur with Chuck W. I just don't think it makes the car look better. I think the original shape is a clean classic look and the later models with all of their slats and louvers are not an improvement. I guess maybe they look "faster" but not "better". And I don't say this because I'm afraid to modify my car, pretty much everything mechanical and some cosmetic stuff has been worked on over time. The 2013 that was posted here is finally a big improvement IMHO
Cheers and likewise - good luck! That's why there's menus we all have different tastes!
Randy
Old 01-19-2012, 02:59 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The fit of the rear diffuser looks a little off on the right side right near the wheel well edge. It doesn't look like the same amount of separation as on the left side.

Otherwise I would consider it after having done the side skirts (aftermarket GT3 MK2) and the front bumper (GT3 factory).

Old 01-20-2012, 08:26 PM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My "stance"

Hi GT3 Tek! I have a 996 GT3 (so I like your name ), and a 2001 986 S.

Pardon my pun....
Your parts look nice and the price is right. I'm sure some guys will jump on them. I would only offer that IMHO, a very important mod to any sports car that is going to get body parts, escpecially a body kit, is to get the stance right first, IE, lower it. I put PSS9's on my 986S for the performance benefits but the side benefit is it looks awesome vs stock ride height.

IMHO, if you want to sell your 986 kits in good volume, drop the stance of your display car, ASAP... I attached a few pics of my car to demonstarte how the stance really helps toughen up the 'lil Boxsters looks.
As soon as the sales start shooting up right afterwards, you can send my share of the commish to help me with my track tire fund (haha- jus' kiddin').

Cheers and good luck with your business. I wish I had a car oriented businessi!
Attached Images     
Old 01-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the look of the rear diffuser and rear wing. How does the wing attached? It appears to attach to the trunk lid (guessing with screws through the trunk) is it also attached where it appears to meet the rear fender?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 PM
grtc68
4th Gear

Originally Posted by perfectlap
The fit of the rear diffuser looks a little off on the right side right near the wheel well edge. It doesn't look like the same amount of separation as on the left side.

Otherwise I would consider it after having done the side skirts (aftermarket GT3 MK2) and the front bumper (GT3 factory).
I see what you mean...but I think it's a camera angle issue. Compare the right side of the vehicle and left side carefully and you will see that the camera angle shows a little more of the right side of the car than the left.

I tend to be a perfectionist as well, sometimes, so I understand your concern.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 PM
gomarlins3
Instructor

Not bad IMO. But I do agree with what was mentioned above- the rear spoiler doesn't look like it matches up well with the trunk, especially in this picture. The post on the left looks like it hangs over the lip of the trunk:
Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Wow! Thanks for the honest feedback, we love to hear what other Porsche owners have to say about our designs and ideas.

As far as wing fit goes, this is a one off prototype just sitting on the decklid with a bit of hot glue to keep it from falling off during the photo shoot. If it becomes slated for production we will make the final adjustments to the base legs to line them up perfectly with the decklid. The leading edge is not attached to the rear fenders so you can raise the decklid, it's just a real tight fit.

And yes the photos can make things look slightly off depending on what the camera angle was but in real life they fit as close to perfect as we can manufacture.

Thanks again to all of you who took the time to respond!

Cheers,
Team GT3 TEK

Quick Reply: We need Boxster Owners help reviewing our new Boxster parts