17" 3 piece Boxster spec wheels available

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Hydyne Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17" 3 piece Boxster spec wheels available

Hello all,

I already introduced myself and my company in the wheel section, but wanted to post here as we have a 17 inch wheel specifically made for the Boxster spec series. We are a small company based in Spain making inroads into the US market. Currently we specialize in making wheels for F1 and DTM, but we are expanding into the street car wheel market, specializing in custom one off wheels.

Here is the CAD picture of the wheel we have made specifiacally for the Boxster spec series. This wheel is a forged center and a standard BBS outer rim so in case of damage it can easily be changed. As I mentioned earlier the finish is custom made to the customers requirement, so pretty much any paint, anodize, or powder coat color is available.

Naturally since we make all our wheels we can design anything else you guys have in mind.

Manuel Scettri
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks promising. Can you please post size (width and offset) as well as weights. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Hydyne Motorsport
Former Vendor

Hi,

Well the weight is as per the PCA Boxster spec class rules (front = 18.5lbs, rears = 20lbs), and the offsets and sizes are as follows;

Front: 17 x 7 w/ 5 x 130mm bolt pattern and 55mm offset.

Rear: 17 x 8.5 w/ 5 x 130mm bolt pattern and 48-50mm offset.

We can also look into making these lighter for autocross or other racing classes.

Manuel Scettri
Old 01-21-2010, 01:59 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Thank you, but I am already aware of the rules pertaining to sizing and weight. My question was based on wheels you have already produced. I doubt it is exactly 18.5 and 20. Exact weights would be nice. As well, since you are quoting the rules instead of what you are producing, are you saying that you will produce a 48, 49, and 50mm offset for the 8.5 wheel?

Pricing?

Time to delivery?

Have you actually made the wheels yet?

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Hydyne Motorsport
Former Vendor

I see what you mean. No, this particular model we have not put into production yet. If there is an order of 5 sets or more we can deliver them from the word go in 6 weeks. Since we will make them to order we can make them with any offset you prefer, as well as any color. Naturally the exact weight will depend on the offset chosen.

These are a couple we have already made;

Manuel Scettri
Old 01-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Manuel,

Actually, the thing we would be most interested is not actual replacements for the stock wheels.. We can get those.

Instead offer us 4 17x8.5 ET48 wheels that we can buy at a reasonable price.

Currently to run the above (what we call the square setup which allows us to run 4 255/40/17 tires on each corner) we need to buy 2 complete OEM wheel sets and literally discard the 4 17x7 wheels.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Manuel,

Another thing is that you should likely check out www.boxsterpec.org for additional input as it is frequented by a majority of the the drivers. It is not the official site with the rules committee but that site has very little activity.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:10 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Thanks Manuel! The wheels in the first pic look great (or something close to it with straight instead of curved spokes like the cups)

What are you thinking for price on these? What about shipping cost to the US (approx.)?
Old 01-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Hydyne Motorsport
Former Vendor

Paul, thanks for the link to that website, I'll see if I can post something on there. As for us making a wheel like you specified, that is absolutely not a problem! We do all our wheels to order so any offset/width/diameter you want is possible. We even do work on 5 axis CNCs which offer much greater design flexibility. As far as price it all depends if we can produce 5 sets or more. Since this is a wheel that hasn't been made before an initial order of 5 sets will automatically bring the cost down to market level. I'll get back to you today on price for a wheel with that dimension and offset.

LV, like I mentioned to Paul we custom design/cut all our wheels so if you have something in mind that you like or a design that you would like tweeked that is absolutely not a problem. The wheels in that picture are 19 and 20, we can do those for approximately $1600 if there is an order of 5 sets or more. If you want something designed exclusively for yourself that noone else will have then the price goes up considerably. As for shipping its almost the same as as shipping withing the US since we ship in containers.

Manuel Scettri

Quick Reply: 17" 3 piece Boxster spec wheels available