Sponsored by:

2002 S w/blown motor: On the road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 AM
stahwille
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jaak me oo s

Jk heck I know we never met , and yet I feel your pain. Your ooS will almost exchange and drive even through 002S Difference being fuel pressure regulator missing from updated s engine . However this can be resolved with some fuel pressure regulator installed in fuel return line , adjusted to 2.5-3.0 bar (75psi) . However lets not get ahead of our selves. I delt with some blown boxster motors, hells bells I even blown up my own oo S. My bud who works @ the PORSCHE dealer that I went to PORSCHE FACTORY SCHOOL with ask me what in the heck did you do to this engine? I told him "i ran the life out of it before it ran out of warranty" ya & ya, Have a PORSCHE TECH INSPCT before you condem a power unit ............. And have a PORSCHE TECH INSPECT before you insall a replacment unit...... good luck MJ.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stahwille
Jk heck I know we never met , and yet I feel your pain. Your ooS will almost exchange and drive even through 002S Difference being fuel pressure regulator missing from updated s engine . However this can be resolved with some fuel pressure regulator installed in fuel return line , adjusted to 2.5-3.0 bar (75psi) . However lets not get ahead of our selves. I delt with some blown boxster motors, hells bells I even blown up my own oo S. My bud who works @ the PORSCHE dealer that I went to PORSCHE FACTORY SCHOOL with ask me what in the heck did you do to this engine? I told him "i ran the life out of it before it ran out of warranty" ya & ya, Have a PORSCHE TECH INSPCT before you condem a power unit ............. And have a PORSCHE TECH INSPECT before you insall a replacment unit...... good luck MJ.
Thanks ... friend has a independants P-Car shop with Porsche trained tech ... I'm in good hands.

951 went today to the new buyer ... he is going to the PCA-UCR DE sessions.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Folks ... thanks for the offers of the Cats & Muffler. Rick Deman was kind enough to sell me a full set and I have received it in Buffalo. It should be in my hands next week.

Thanks again ...
Old 10-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Update: Motor to be delivered to the shop today!!!!

May have her on the road this weekend

Once on the road I will post pix ...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Cool!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Jaak. I wish you luck.

You'll have a car of the wrong-to-you color with a wrong-to-you transmission and a motor rebuilt by a person you describe as a foreign car mechanic (as opposed to a M96 engine specializing mechanic).

You say he has access to the latest parts when someone suggests you research parts that are engineered to fix already identified problems with Porsche designed and supplied parts.

Your logic escapes me.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Mike ... my friends shop, who specializes in Porsches and has been at the same location for over 20 years (was Heimraths Porsche before), who has had numerous engines rebuilt by the same specialty shop, who has been doing it for 20 years (as well as other Porsche shops in Ontario), provides a warranty, as well as my friends shop backs MY car up, I have no issues with. Others who have had their motors rebuilt from 356 to 997's have had NO issues with them ... 997 was track car with no warranty.

I do not get into too many details as MY price is MY price due to the friendship I have with him and what I pay is not anyone else's concern. I am vague as to who it is as my friend does run a business and I will not affect it. My deal is MY deal; others may deal with him on their terms. I get special attention and this I will not disclose to the public. I am satisfied with the service ... and won't dwell on a "possible" failure that some have had. This cars "failure" was due to the PO overfilling the crancase with 4 extra litres of oil; different issue all together that what others have experienced. This has now been addressed!

As for the car itself, I got tired of paying out to keep the 951 on the road and this car came up. The purchase price was right with a know issue with the motor and this was addressed. I am still way better off with this car than if I had found the colour & tranny combination I wanted price wise. If it was the one I wanted, it could of had issues with it as well which would of cost a lot more. A lot of people happen to like this car and down the road I can sell it to the "right" person and then get what I want at a price I want to pay.

So in getting this car I am a bit further ahead than with others ... never know, this car may be one one as attitudes can change. I am more of an optimist than a pessimist and look for the good. Overall this car is in better shape than most out there ... that's why I went for it!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Jaak, On the road yet?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Angry

Damn headers were sitting in UPS depot for over a week and they then sent it back to the sender. Sender is shipping to my USA address and a friend is bring it over the border later this week.

Can you say AAAAARGH ...FARK

Man ... I am getting frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW UPS .... A$$HATS ...
Old 11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, that blows!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Larry L
Race Car

Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson

BTW UPS .... A$$HATS ...
UPS delivering much-needed parts?

A fate worse than death.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry L
UPS delivering much-needed parts?

A fate worse than death.
Shipper uses them ...

Now I know why they are "brown" .... ****e ...
Old 11-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Got it last night .... on the road again!!!!

Man it's nice to get her on the road. I need to take it easy for at least 1,000 miles befoe I can take her over 5,500 RPM. So far she does move nicely at 3,000 RPM.

I'll post pix on the weekend as it gets dark early ... and she need a good cleaning. Been on the hoist for 2 months ...
Old 11-27-2009, 05:41 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

yes!! great news!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool!! New pictures??

Quick Reply: 2002 S w/blown motor: On the road!