Sponsored by:

Paw Print Racing Stripe

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Paw Print Racing Stripe

In addition to changing the oil, flushing the brakes, and installing new Performance Friction pads on the Boxster in preparation for next week at Mont Tremblant, I decided to add some real speed to the car: I made a paw print racing stripe!
I think it came out pretty sweet although beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder. I added a few more paw prints to my helmet too.
The weather turned crappy so my pics aren't great. Suffice it to say that the prints are orange but they look a bit yellow in the pic because of the flash. Now the Boxster 'matches' the Super Pumpkin (as Alfie calls my 997TT)!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Hey Dave

Do you run a BK bar under the hardtop?
At VIR we have to run a BK, I'm just not sure what the rega say about a BK bar if you had a hardtop installed?

Thanks

Bruce
Old 06-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Hey Dave

Do you run a BK bar under the hardtop?
At VIR we have to run a BK, I'm just not sure what the rega say about a BK bar if you had a hardtop installed?

Thanks

Bruce
Hi Bruce,
Yes, I run the BK extension under the hard top. It fits w/o problem. If I were to run without the hardtop I would need 1) arm restraints and 2) pass the broomstick test (which I probably would pass even with the stock hoops).
Old 06-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Hey Dave

Wow I'll consider myself lucky then. We can run without a hardtop and arm restraints at VIR. The broomstick rule is however still in place but is rarely checked/enforced.
What tracks are you referring to above?

Cheers

Bruce

PS I dig the look/setup of your car, have you considered running the Boxster Spec series?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:13 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Hey Dave

Wow I'll consider myself lucky then. We can run without a hardtop and arm restraints at VIR. The broomstick rule is however still in place but is rarely checked/enforced.
What tracks are you referring to above?

Cheers

Bruce

PS I dig the look/setup of your car, have you considered running the Boxster Spec series?
I think I was a little vague,....sorry.
My region NCR/NER PCA does NOT require the hardtop. My wife who is now doing DE with me is a bit sun-shy so I think the roof will just stay on. I've also never seen them test the broomstick policy but it is on paper. I understand that arm restraints are required for open cars. I have a set but haven't used them.
If Boxster Spec was in the Northeast, I would consider trying it as my driving gets better. Right now the car is within spec (PSS9 etc) but I am thinking about doing a power upgrade next winter .
Old 06-30-2009, 08:33 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the paw prints.
Where did you get them?

BTW, the hitch looks good.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 AM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a pretty fun looking stripe. Good to see something original. At Tremblant? Which event?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Paw print stripe looks good! I approve..

My cats approve also..

May you and your wife enjoy many fun and safe smiles!!!

Phil
Old 06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I like the paw prints.
Where did you get them?

BTW, the hitch looks good.
Thanks Lewis.
I got the stickers at carstickers.com. They are decal number 1507 in medium size. They apply fairly easily with only a few that I had to take off and reapply.

Originally Posted by MikeBat
Thats a pretty fun looking stripe. Good to see something original. At Tremblant? Which event?
I'll be there for the NER PCA next Monday-Wednesday. My wife will be in Green and I'll be in Blue.
Originally Posted by RollingArt
Paw print stripe looks good! I approve..

My cats approve also..

May you and your wife enjoy many fun and safe smiles!!!

Phil
Glad your cats approve! Mine too.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good....
Old 06-30-2009, 07:49 PM
bobfrombolton
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

I am also a member of NER and I have a Spec Boxster. The car is a blast to drive.

If your 1999 Boxster has a 2.5L engine, it could be converted into a Spec Boxster. The rules don’t allow any engine or transmission changes. The car can be lighted to 2650 including the driver and you already have the PSS9.

Jerry at EPE built my car and he did a great job. You can find the Spec Boxster rules at http://www.boxsterspecracing.org and Spec Boxster discussion at http://www.boxsterspec.com.

Enjoy LCMT
Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobfrombolton
Dave,

I am also a member of NER and I have a Spec Boxster. The car is a blast to drive.

If your 1999 Boxster has a 2.5L engine, it could be converted into a Spec Boxster. The rules don’t allow any engine or transmission changes. The car can be lighted to 2650 including the driver and you already have the PSS9.

Jerry at EPE built my car and he did a great job. You can find the Spec Boxster rules at http://www.boxsterspecracing.org and Spec Boxster discussion at http://www.boxsterspec.com.

Enjoy LCMT
Thanks Bob.
I actually did most of my mods based on the BSX rules. The car has PSS9, Tarett sways and drop links, fire ext, and B-K roll bar extension. I even picked up a set of used rims and just had some R888s mounted!
Do you DE with your Spbox or are you active in the series.

Although I am really enjoying the car the way it is, I am considering doing an engine swap or a Jake Raby bore and build next winter. I realize the car won't be spbox any more if I do that. Decisions, decisions.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 PM
bobfrombolton
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My advice is stay with the BSX. Having a faster car won’t make you a better driver. A few others in our region who have gone the engine swap route. The car never fits into a class and resale can be difficult.

Hope to meet you at the track some day.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:56 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang, next week... I will be on vacation. I will be at that track (my home track) on the 20 and 21st at a RSR event.

I would have loved to see your car and chat....
Old 07-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobfrombolton
My advice is stay with the BSX. Having a faster car won’t make you a better driver. A few others in our region who have gone the engine swap route. The car never fits into a class and resale can be difficult.

Hope to meet you at the track some day.
Hi Bob,
Tried to PM you but there's no link!
I just realized who you are (I think). Are you Bob C who is an instructor with NER? We met at NHMS when I had the Boxster there. I was in Blue and my wife was a Green driver (Irene, the 6-ft Chinese woman).
See you around this summer!
dave

Quick Reply: Paw Print Racing Stripe