Old 12-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Rennline Fire Extinguisher Mounts **Product Release** $125

Fire Extinguisher Mounts **Product Release** $125 retail
Also from Dec. 1st -25th all Rennline products are 15% off.

Fire extinguishers are mandatory in all cars that will see the track and should be mandatory in all street cars. There's no worse feeling then watching your car burn to the ground without the ability to do anything about it. Unlike most fire extinguisher mounts available, all of Rennline's mounts install directly to the factory seats and do not compromise seat travel or leg room in anyway. Constructed from aircraft grade aluminum and meets all requirements for racing series or other organized track events. Designed to be used with most standard 2.5lb fire extinguishers, all hardware and installation instructions are included.

To purchase this item please click here!

Old 12-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What to do if Boxster on fire?

I've started tracking my Boxster, and I may install a fire extinguisher one day. However, I wonder what exactly I would do if my car caught fire. I'm certainly not going to try to open my engine compartment! Should I spray the extinguisher through the passenger side air vent and hope for the best? In my old 944 I could quickly pop and open the hood. What use would the fire extinguisher be for the Boxster? I would likely just run for cover.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Underneath and up and then if necessary the vent. Chances are by the time you realize it is on fire, pull over and stop, that extinguisher is just going to make you feel like you did all you could.

Quick Reply: Rennline Fire Extinguisher Mounts **Product Release** $125