Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 Boxster STOLEN

This guy is a member in my local PCA region and his cars were stolen last night. Here is what he put out to our region members and I wanted to post it here as well. If you know any place else we can post this, please go for it. Thanks - Jay

My name is Peter Perrault Membership #2005050288.

I don't know if this is the right way to get out information of my cars being stolen, but worth try.

My 2003 Seal Grey Boxster ( along with my 1990 Mariner Blue Miata ) were stolen Sunday night Sept. 30th. from my home in Nashua, NH.

Boxster VIN # WPOC29843U620443

Miata VIN # JM1NA3519LO115576 (Miata was set up for track)

Any information please contact Peter Perrault at

603-888-9283

Miatapeter@aol.com

Thanks very much.

Peter Perrault
Old 10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dang! I will keep an eye out down here.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That is all we can do.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:15 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear that.
I used to live in Nashua.;-(

If pictures could be posted it might help...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM
boggtown
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought Porsches were nearly unstealable. They must have gotten the key or flatbedded it.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by boggtown
I thought Porsches were nearly unstealable. They must have gotten the key or flatbedded it.
How do you know? Seems like you know a lot about this! Your like Turby all over again!!!! (Just kidding)
Old 10-03-2007, 10:59 PM
boggtown
Track Day

Who is turby? lol. And I watched a thing on discovery channel about repo men. And only one professional could pick a porsche door lock (on a older 911, maybe a 993). But even then it took him a long time. Plus on our newer cars its all about computer chips and whatnot so hot wiring doesnt work.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Turboflyer
Pro

I don't believe our cars have motion detection do they? BTW a car was stolen one evening from a home where we use to live. Neighbor did hear what he described as a screeching sound but thought nothing of it. Thought someome one just hit the brakes to hard. Well next morning his car was gone. Two skids where he had it parked was all that was left. If they want it and they are pros, its gone plane and simple. Good insurance with GAP coverage is all that can help.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Who is turby? lol. And I watched a thing on discovery channel about repo men. And only one professional could pick a porsche door lock (on a older 911, maybe a 993). But even then it took him a long time. Plus on our newer cars its all about computer chips and whatnot so hot wiring doesnt work.
Turby was a rennlister who used to scout out people's cars on Rennlist and then go to their homes and steal them. He would then part the cars out on Rennlist and e-bay. Needless to say he is in jail for a few years! A real scumbag!!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
efahl
AutoX

Well, I know people who park their cars in their garages with the keys in the ignition. If you can get into the garage (which is usually quite easy), then you can just drive the car away, no need to "steal" it...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
blinkwatt
Pro

Originally Posted by Turboflyer
I don't believe our cars have motion detection do they?
That's all they have,is a motion detector in the cockpit region. That's what the two sensors are where the convertible top locking latch is. There is also another sensor in the middle of the dash near the defrosting vents.

The 97' had no alarm but a killswitch.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

There is a trend here in Toronto where the car thieves will break into your home to get your keys and then drive off with your car. It happened to a friend of mine. He or his wife thought the kitchen was a little drafty one morning, they then noticed that the stationary side of their sliding patio door was missing. That's odd nothing else in the house seemed to be disturbed. They go outside and realize their car is gone. The thief had removed the side of their patio that was not hooked up to their home alarm, found their car keys that were hidden in a coat pocket hanging in the closet, went back out the rear door of the house and left in their car, all while the owners were sleeping upstairs. There was also a Rennlister here in Toronto who’s home was broken into while his family was sleeping. His keys where found by the thieves and his 996 C4S and Cayenne were stolen. His C4S was equipped with a boomerang (similar to Lojack in the US), and when the thieves realized there was a tracking devise the dumped the car, but not before trashing it. The owner found out about the robbery by an early morning wake-up call from the police asking if he was the owner of said car. He said yes he was, they told him they found it abandoned in a parking lot. The Cayenne wasn’t recovered.
In my mind there is a huge difference in the danger and risk involved for car owners when their homes are entered by thieves searching for their keys while they are sleeping.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
boggtown
Track Day

Thats why i always sleep with my keys in "natures pocket".

LOL, j/k. nasty....
Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Thats why i always sleep with my keys in "natures pocket".

LOL, j/k. nasty....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I had to look that up on urbandictionary.com to figure out what 'nature's pocket' was.

Back the subject at hand, I hope the car(s) are found.

Quick Reply: 2003 Boxster STOLEN