Sponsored by:

CE light with EVO air intake.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 AM
bundaho
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CE light with EVO air intake.

I had an EVO air intake with no CE light for about 16 months. Then during the summer the CE popped up. I took it to the dealer for maintenance and had them check it and they said it was because of the filter. They said the intake air temp was very high and that is what threw the code. My question is now that it is winter I want to reset the code to see if it comes back but dont wanna spend the money to take it to the dealer. Is there a way to reset the CE light myself (battery trick or something)?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:36 AM
98Boxster
Instructor

What do you think of the EVO and how it sounds otherwise? I'd like to hear if there are any ways to reset the code too, seeing how I'm 99% sure I'm going to get one this month.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Tierce
Pro

you can buy an obd2 code scanner at Advance Auto and do it. I bought one a few years back and it has saved me many times. Most of them cost less than 1 trip to the dealer. By the way, where is the best place to get an EVO intake?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 AM
bundaho
Track Day

I havent heard any other intakes but I can say I love the EVO intake. The sound alone is worth every penny.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:12 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

They didn't happen to give you the code that indicated the intake temp was too high did they? I have never heard of that before.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
bundaho
Track Day

No they didnt. I just reset the CE by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. I guess I will see if it works the next time I take the car out.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 PM
986Jim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That had nothing to do with the intake, they don't know what they are talking about. The air entering the intake is the same at the stock air box, the evo closes off area of the filter just like the stock air box. What they told you was total bs, and they just said that because it was the easiest answer.

If you had a maf failure it was because these maf's always have failures, which is pretty typical.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:40 PM
bundaho
Track Day

Reset the CE and drove for about 30 miles. No light. Im happy now. Back in the summer when the CE was reset it took 2 miles before it came back on.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:15 AM
986Jim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to our buddy Mike Focke.. This might help

http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/ch...sairflowsensor

I got a CE light after my intake install as well. When I saw it I thought, oh yeah, CE light from the intake. When I pulled out the sensor, I saw the ONE silver plate that measures air, so I started to spray it with electrical contact cleaner.. Turns out there was TWO silver plates that measure air, one was so dirty it looked like the color of the black plastic. After it was all cleaned up, put it back in and the car was much better.

Honestly the car felt sluggish and slow, after cleaning the filter it was right back to it's peppy old self. It made a huge difference.

Quick Reply: CE light with EVO air intake.