Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 1/2 Men - Boxster is for girls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:00 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 1/2 Men - Boxster is for girls?

My wife says I'll love this episode. I Tivo it weekly and was working on the 928 last night so I didn't see it. She said the divorced brother got a Boxster and everyone was talking about how their "sister loves hers" etc. inferring it was a girl's car.

So how do we get rid of this stereotype?
Old 05-10-2005, 04:37 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its nothing to worry about. Convertibles will ALWAYS be "chick cars". Tony Soprano said the Boxster was a Porsche with panties. At my last autocross a guy who owns a GT3 and another who owns an M3 (both previous Boxster owners) said they still think the car was kick ***.
Usually the people who think the Boxster is a chick car or a poor substitute for a 911 haven't the first clue about actually driving/racing sportscars as opposed to looking at them in magazines.

why do you Tivo that show? its awful. How low has Charlie Sheen's career fallen from Platoon and Wall Street to a John Cryer sit com
Old 05-10-2005, 05:41 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by perfectlap
why do you Tivo that show? its awful. How low has Charlie Sheen's career fallen from Platoon and Wall Street to a John Cryer sit com
It's hillarious and now has a great sports car to boot. I get where you're coming from, especially since Excellence magazine said about a year ago "there will never be a Turbo Boxster because with its' handling capabilities it would outperform the 996 and those drivers will have none of that". My wife thought I was pulling her leg when she first got the car and I told her it was considered the "woman's Porsche".
Old 05-10-2005, 07:02 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I don't own a boxster but I did get a kick out of your sig lmao.

BTW, Try the Xbox game "Forza Motorsports", I put a GT2 engine in a boxster and make... oh around 600hp, now thats a boxster
Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Paris Hilton has or had one and Steven Baldwin did too.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:52 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,747 Likes on 2,353 Posts

boxster can be a chic's car, mom's car, pope's car, dead person's car, whatever, it doesn't negate the fact that it is one of the very best car porsche has ever made. those who doesn't think so either haven't driven on or haven't figured out how to drive.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:02 AM
tincanman99
Instructor

Dont be concerned about this. This is Hollywood for pete's sake. The land of vapid, self centered idiots. Though I will give them that they are rich. The Boxster or any Porsche is a great car. So a Boxster is a chick car, so what is not a chick car - a gas guzzling SUV? Corvette (please)? Cadillac?

Aint no big thing. Who cares what others think. Did you buy the car for you or others?
Old 05-11-2005, 01:43 AM
J-RAD
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Never even heard of the show.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:31 AM
autobahnNY
Pro

Ignorance runs rampant in the good ole US of A. Especially when it comes to cars.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:43 PM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

I watched the show and thought it was very funny! As a former Boxster Owner, I wasn't offended. Afterall, this is Hollywood we are talking about. The Boxster is still one of the best cars I have ever owned! Just enjoy your car and ignore the ignorant.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Don't sweat it,

Life is easy if the wife can drive the car and enjoy it when the sun is shining....
...and you can compete seriously in the slaloms at the weekend.

it's the perfect family car !!!!

(now what can I do with the kids..?)
Old 05-13-2005, 12:55 AM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

I got to see the episode tonight and it was pretty funny. I think my wife laughed so hard because every time someone said "is that a Porsche?" he'd say "Porsch-a" like me (I still need that 928 t-shirt). I'm not worried about the whole thing, just thought it was funny.
Originally Posted by Irishdriver
(now what can I do with the kids..?)
Get them their own car. My daughter doesn't like driving the Boxster...or so she says. I think she's just scared something's gonna happen and mom will freak!

We waited until the girls were 12 and 18 to get the Boxster. We carpool to work in it and have an Intrepid for family trips. What's funny is the 12 (now 13) year old loves the Porsches so much she'd rather squish in the back of the 928 than stretch out in the Intrepid. Especially when we're dropping her off at school.....love the Porsche....be one with the Porsche
Old 05-13-2005, 04:03 AM
Joe Bernard
6th Gear

I guess my Boxter is a chick car in that my wife was into it even though we stretched our budget to buy it. Man wants Porsche, woman likes Porsche, man gets Porsche.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

John,

My two girls are still 7 and 9. They like the car but they resent the lack of back seat !!!
It is a favorite for the school run.

When we travel altogether we use the volvo XC 90 which the kids love.

In September when the slalom season is over I'll probably go 996 for the 4 seats.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:23 AM
85percent
Instructor

a long time ago i had a miata with a T3 greddy turbo pushing 14 psi... i loved when people drove by and yelled out comments like "is that your little sisters car?" ....i guess they didnt have much to say when i downshifted and the last sound they heard was the wooooosh of the blowoff valve before i left 'em in the dust....

but yea usually people that stereotype "girly" convertables that can perform are yuppies that don't know they're own @ss from a hole in the wall...

Quick Reply: 2 1/2 Men - Boxster is for girls?