GT3 seats in my Boxster Red interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 12:13 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arenared
Awesome! I've got to find a pair of these to try and sit in. Did you by any chance weigh the stock seats or the GT3 seats to determine the weight difference? Another question: I'm having a hard time visualizing where you buckle the seat belt. I can't see it going through the inboard hole. It must be over the seat side. Is it hard to access and do you have any chafing/wear issues with the leather? Thanks!
sorry, i don't have the gt3 seats but i have sparco evo 2s for comparison. the sparcos are super light @ 16lbs and the stock leather, heated, power seats are 50~60 lbs. didn't weigh the stock seats but my back felt it . i think the gt3 will be a few pounds heavier cuz its leather.

i used these seat side mounts from BREY-KRAUSE. it allows you to mount the stock buckle onto the side mount AND get a 1" lower seat position.

with my sparcos, the lap portion of the belt goes through the hole to the outside but goes above/over the side of the seat, not through the tunnel side hole.

accessing the seat is not that hard once you get the hang of it. it's even easier when you have the top down on you boxster.

Quick Reply: GT3 seats in my Boxster Red interior