Boxster Lease Rates

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 04:35 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,225 Posts
Default Boxster Lease Rates

For those of you that leased your Boxster, care to tell me the details?

1. down payment
2. monthly payment
3. terms (length, mileage etc..)
4. Anything else I'm missing

I know all of the pro's and con's of leasing, please don't turn this into one vs the other debate.

Thanks!

This is for my father who is still looking for a Boxster.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAC
Money factor AKA interest rate.

Cap cost AKA agreed price for the car. Make sure you negotiate the price of the car as if you were going to buy it.

Residual value AKA value of the car at lease end.

Misc. fees such as acquisition fees or disposition fees. Find out if they are included in the lease quote. Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. Sometimes they are and the dealer will charge you twice. Plus check to see if the lease includes gap insurance.

Also I think you should put no money down when leasing. Don't get focused on the payment. That is the trap. Learn how to figure a lease payment. Then you can find a car and go in with some knowledge beforehand of a fair or good deal.
Ha ha....WTF?

Yeah, leasing is when you lease something - its not like buying. Where you buy something....
Old 07-23-2004, 08:19 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

I've leased before, so has my father. What I'm looking for is fellow rennlisters to share what kind of deals they were able to make on their cars. Or if any body knows of any dealers running good leasing specials.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hacker, give me a call. If I have a car that works for your father, ill go through all the details for you.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:38 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Alfie, I'll be talking to him in about an hour. I'll give him your number. He doesn't get involved with web forums at all, so I post here for him.

He's also looking for 98-00 used Boxsters. It's going to come down to the best overall deal he can find.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

You're welcome. Just make sure he tells me that you referred him. ill make sure he likes the deal.

Is he in WI? on a WI lease, do you pay sales tax up front, or in the payment? are there any other taxes/fees that must be paid up front?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:20 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Sure, make me think this early in the morning.

When I leased my beetle November of 99, I only put down $300 total. I'm 99.9% sure the taxes were in the lease payment. I don't recall any other fees. My father usually is not one for leasing, but since he is self employed, he knows there are benefits to leasing.

His #1 concern is at the end of the lease not having to owe a balloon payment or "special fees" if he doesn't want to keep the car. The VW Lease on my Beetle was like that, at the end of the lease, just hand over the keys & nothing else (assuming mileage was under the limit and the car was taken care of)

I just spoke to him, gave him your info. He has a few meetings today but will try to call sometime late morning/afternoon.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:04 PM
RAC
Racer

Hacker

The point of my post was to learn how to figure a lease. Then you know for sure if its a good deal. Why rely on someone else?

Quick Reply: Boxster Lease Rates