Floor Mat Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 02:12 AM
Dr. C
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Floor Mat Help

Good evening to all.

I need to order new mats for my 986S. I absolutely have to have them stay put where they belong, and NOT SLIDE FORWARD!

Do the factory mats with the Velcro stay in place?

Do the Lloyds attach the same way?

Is there a better way to keep the driver mat in place?

Thanks for your opinions!

mike
Old 02-03-2021, 08:06 AM
zoomster1776
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I replaced old mats with new oem mats and they stay in place. 2000 S. I suppose, 'twitchy feet' might be an issue but not for me.
no opinion on other types or a better way.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:43 AM
Dr. C
Instructor

Thanks for the reply zoomster1776.

When I got my last set of oem mats, which was about sixteen years ago, I was hesitant to install that floor mounted velcro fastening plate. I didn't want to have to burrow some thing into the permanent carpet. Obviously, you can see why I'm having my problem.

In everyone's experience, do the oem mats stay attached to the floor mounted velcro fastening plate?
Old 02-03-2021, 11:51 AM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

My 03S does not have Velcro but has 2 snap clips that clip into sockets that are secured underneath the seats. This prevents the mat from sliding forward. One of the clips on the driver side has fatigued somewhat and on occasion becomes unclipped but the mat never slides forward enough to interfere with the pedals.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:22 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. C
Thanks for the reply zoomster1776.

When I got my last set of oem mats, which was about sixteen years ago, I was hesitant to install that floor mounted velcro fastening plate. I didn't want to have to burrow some thing into the permanent carpet. Obviously, you can see why I'm having my problem.

In everyone's experience, do the oem mats stay attached to the floor mounted velcro fastening plate?
In my 17 year experience with my 2000 S, yes!
Old 02-03-2021, 03:29 PM
Dr. C
Instructor

Originally Posted by paulofto
My 03S does not have Velcro but has 2 snap clips that clip into sockets that are secured underneath the seats. This prevents the mat from sliding forward. One of the clips on the driver side has fatigued somewhat and on occasion becomes unclipped but the mat never slides forward enough to interfere with the pedals.
May I ask which mats you have? I believe OEM and Lloyds both attach with Velcro.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:36 AM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. C
May I ask which mats you have? I believe OEM and Lloyds both attach with Velcro.
I’m not the original owner but I always thought the mats were OEM. Maybe only on 03 and 04? Other owners might want to confirm what they have.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:57 PM
howdy
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 01 S and replaced the mats recently with another set of OEM with the round Velcro. They don't budge a bit. Completely locked in.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:03 PM
Dr. C
Instructor

Originally Posted by howdy
I have an 01 S and replaced the mats recently with another set of OEM with the round Velcro. They don't budge a bit. Completely locked in.

They worked perfectly!!! I can completely confirm new OEM mats will stick to the round velcro discs that kind of screw into the floor carpet. After years of having to re-adjust the mat after getting into the car, NO MORE!!!!

Quick Reply: Floor Mat Help