Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Drop

Old 07-03-2019, 05:12 PM
vza
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Drop

Hi All, Some weird stuff going on with the window drop when getting in and out of the car. 99 boxster base. The right side seems fine. It seems it only half works. Heres what's going on:

Open door from inside get out, shut the door it works(only one time)

Open and shut door repeatedly from the inside without getting out it works

Open door from outside and shut it from outside(without getting in the car) it fails

It seems I only have 1 chance to shut the door from the outside after I get out of the car.

I know there are 3 micros 1. inside door handle 2.outside door handle 3.door open/closed sensor.

The least expensive would be the open/closed sensor PN# 996-613-125-00 is this the one I need to replace. Where is it? Tried to find peering into the door with panel removed of course.

The roof latch appears to work fine.

Thanks Vince
Old 07-17-2019, 04:22 AM
altonj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your latch handle (outside) switch is faulty or latch switch is faulty. Get is scanned at a shop that can read live data. It will tell them/you what the car thinks is going on. In one of the scenarios where the window stays up, the car will be thinking the door is still closed. That is where your issue is. Based on your description, likely the handle switch. Or, buy and replace parts and hope for the best....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: