Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trading a 87 911 for a 2000 Boxter tiptronic...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Daytona24
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can just tell you're the kind of person who orders his boxster with PSM. Hell, 20 years down the road you won't even need a steering wheel because the car will drive itself. More room for your cupholders I suppose.

And Brian P, just what is keeping those Boxsters from "dominating" class F in PCA? If the Boxsters were faster, the top guys would have them... Believe me it's not the money - from what I saw during my brief time with PCA, the members had more money than sense. Some of those guys spend over $35k on their freaking SC's, buying every single thing allowed in the rules, and a lot of things that AREN'T allowed - cheating seems to be rampant in PCA.

I don't know a ton about the class structure in PCA, it's the one racing venue I don't pay 100% attention to. If I lived on the Left Coast I'd be in POC, they seem to be far more serious. In any case, the racing scene here in America is an absolute joke compared to overseas - I know it's not our fault, it's just that fact that "Racing" in America translates to NASCAR - most Americans don't seem to understand, or like, real racing.

oh I forgot my scathing remark - Vampyre, how long have you been an Avon lady?

Last edited by Daytona24; 03-18-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Daytona24
And Brian P, just what is keeping those Boxsters from "dominating" class F in PCA? If the Boxsters were faster, the top guys would have them... Believe me it's not the money - from what I saw during my brief time with PCA, the members had more money than sense. Some of those guys spend over $35k on their freaking SC's, buying every single thing allowed in the rules, and a lot of things that AREN'T allowed - cheating seems to be rampant in PCA.
As I said, until recently there haven't been a lot of products available for the boxster yet. Ultimately, the main thing that might keep it from being dominant though is straightaway speed. Even though the boxster is faster in the corners, it doesn't do you much good when everybody else is passing you on the straights.

Also, there's about 10 different cars in F class. Only one of those cars are going to be the "best" within that class. Is there a specific reason we are expecting the boxster to be the best? Same question with the 996s.

Finally, still waiting for those lap time numbers... Have you ever driven on the track in a Porsche? I know you posted about your buddy's problems with his car, but do you even own a Porsche?
Old 02-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Daytona24
Banned

No, I don't own a Porsche. I've never driven on a track, and in fact I've never physically sat inside a Porsche before. I'm just a very passionate Porsche enthusiast. You see, I have no arms or legs. Or eyes. But I love the sound they make.

You strike me as the kind of pompous *** who goes around telling people "yeah, I drive a Porshhhhh"

Congratulations on all your success - now that you have your Boxster you have joined a very exclusive group of owners - soccer moms, school teachers, hairdressers, and gay waiters.

Bravo.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Daytona24
Banned

Oh and Brian, the only reason you might think those Boxsters are faster around the corners, is because maybe the people you know can't drive their 911s very well. The Boxster is far easier to drive, but that doesn't mean it can take a turn faster - that depends on the driver, and I haven't seen too many PCA racers who able to get the most out of their old 911s - and don't say "what about Kevin Buckler and company" - they don't race the older cars.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

No, I don't own a Porsche. I've never driven on a track, and in fact I've never physically sat inside a Porsche before. I'm just a very passionate Porsche enthusiast. You see, I have no arms or legs. Or eyes. But I love the sound they make.

You strike me as the kind of pompous *** who goes around telling people "yeah, I drive a Porshhhhh"

Congratulations on all your success - now that you have your Boxster you have joined a very exclusive group of owners - soccer moms, school teachers, hairdressers, and gay waiters.

Bravo.
Curious... most people would have just listed the experience that they do have (like karting, driving in other marques, etc.). I guess not having arms, legs, or eyes makes it a bit tougher. Although, a real driver would still figure out a way to make it happen.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

... and I haven't seen too many PCA racers who able to get the most out of their old 911s
I understand how it would be difficult to see that when you have no eyes.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Daytona24
Banned

BTW Brian, YOU were the one who said the Boxster would be "the car to beat" in that class, not me. If they were the car to beat, like I said, the top guys would be racing them right now. Maybe you're just upset that the old cars are cheaper AND better in every way than your Boxster - well almost every way, the Boxster does have better a/c and beverage retaining devices...
Old 02-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bravo.
YES!!!!, that is a great Rant. I loved the verbal razors at the end there too, and I have been an Avon lady for over 10 years, I sell Products out of my Automatic Boxster with PSM and Cup Holders, and they are the $59 cup holders I'll add. I do this while sipping my Latte with my Birkenchrist shoes kicked up on the dash.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Daytona24
Banned

What impresses me about you Brian, is your amazingly quick, sharp wit. I bet you have a really high-pitched voice, am I right?
Old 02-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Vampyre
Racer

BTW Brian, YOU were the one who said the Boxster would be "the car to beat" in that class, not me. If they were the car to beat, like I said, the top guys would be racing them right now. Maybe you're just upset that the old cars are cheaper AND better in every way than your Boxster - well almost every way, the Boxster does have better a/c and beverage retaining devices...
That's it, I'm gonna sell my Boxster for two old 911's, that way I'll be with the In crowd....
Old 02-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Daytona24
Banned

Vampyre, I'm glad you could join us... But BirkenCHRIST? I'm assuming you've just returned from the new Gibson movie...
Old 02-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Vampyre, I'm glad you could join us... But BirkenCHRIST? I'm assuming you've just returned from the new Gibson movie...
Well, I want to see that movie, But I'll wait for it to be released on DVD.

I have always hated sandles and they look horrible, so I started calling them BirkenChrists many years ago, as a tribute to the roman days.
when people only had sandles to wear.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:15 PM
Daytona24
Banned

Vampyre, obviously you ARE in the 'in-crowd.' I could only dream about being as hip and cool as you are. I'll have to work on it though - first I'll need that frontal lobotomy, then I can start on the cosmetic enhancements.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Daytona24
Banned

Actually that Birkenchrist thing is legitimately witty. I may start using that myself if you have no objections... All in my effort to be more like yourself - except I don't think I have enough money to match your extensive collection of Herbal Essences shampoos and body care products.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

I guess it's a lot easier to brag about yourself when protected by the anonymity of a handle like "Vampyre"
That's a hysterical quote from somebody who goes by the alias of Daytona24.

Quick Reply: Trading a 87 911 for a 2000 Boxter tiptronic...