Sponsored by:

Front Rims Always dirty after driving

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 04:34 PM
tntmail
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Rims Always dirty after driving

Anyone have an issue on a 718 Boxster 2018 where the front rims are really dirty after use. Especially Inside. The rears don't have this issue. Just curious if its a break issue or just the aerodynamics different up front. I did notice air vents inside the wheel wheels.
19" Boxster S wheels.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:55 AM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Use the Armorall wheel protectorant. Repels dust and makes them super easy to clean. Walmart has best price on it
Old 06-05-2018, 10:49 AM
RWPinNC
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 68 Posts

If you have a persistent problem that bugs you, look at some front pads that are virtually dustless. This assumes you are not tracking the car and require maximum performance. On my 2006 Cayman S, I have Hawk performance ceramic pads. Very good pads that require a little warm up for serious use, but produce zero dust. If I decide to do an HPDE event, I will change them out for something more track-oriented.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:51 PM
A8KED
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Most cars do that, the front brakes engage first and do more of the stopping. I own cars from 4 different manufacturers and they all get brake dust on the front wheels first. As someone else mentioned you can find pads that are dust free or less dusty.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:43 PM
tntmail
4th Gear

Originally Posted by grrrmonster
Use the Armorall wheel protectorant. Repels dust and makes them super easy to clean. Walmart has best price on it
Thank you !
Old 06-06-2018, 09:44 PM
tntmail
4th Gear

Originally Posted by RWPinNC
If you have a persistent problem that bugs you, look at some front pads that are virtually dustless. This assumes you are not tracking the car and require maximum performance. On my 2006 Cayman S, I have Hawk performance ceramic pads. Very good pads that require a little warm up for serious use, but produce zero dust. If I decide to do an HPDE event, I will change them out for something more track-oriented.
Thanks for the heads up. I may look into this.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:45 PM
tntmail
4th Gear

Originally Posted by RWPinNC
Originally Posted by A8KED
Most cars do that, the front brakes engage first and do more of the stopping. I own cars from 4 different manufacturers and they all get brake dust on the front wheels first. As someone else mentioned you can find pads that are dust free or less dusty.
Thanks so much was unaware of that. Don't think ive owned a car I want to keep so clean before lol.

Quick Reply: Front Rims Always dirty after driving