Notices

Cabin fever yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011 | 06:58 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Last year PCA here did 6 in one year. But I am addicted after my first. 1 or more a month would be great. I already have approved helmet so I am good there. Car is stock with exception of exhaust.

Throw in a few DE's and I'll be set. I think I'll sign up for SCCA and NASA...at least it gives me options. Like I said, I want to do great...but my goal is not to try to win the whole thing.

Mussl - I strive to drive as much as you!
Old 02-11-2011 | 05:46 PM
balefire
Pro

Originally Posted by cannon1000
Not even a schedule published yet...I'm dying. I may have to sign up for SCCA.

I've heard SCCA isn't very porsche friendly...but honestly...I don't have any intentions of winning...I just love driving my *** off. What are your thoughts for you guys in it ?
In general, those that run SCCA autox regularly are more competitive and prep their cars closer to the rule maximums to be competitive.

In general, those that only run other groups such as PCA autox are not as competitive and don't prep their cars as close to the rule limit.

So, recreational Porsche autox'ers who are not fully prepped will probably do better and win more often at a PCA event, and less often at an SCCA event. As long as you're not in it to win, but are in it to learn, you will have a blast at any SCCA event. SCCA does an admirable job trying to class all cars, Porsche included, fairly.

Originally Posted by sjfehr
Most of the indies I've raced with use SCCA classing (if your 996T meets stock class requirements, you'd be SS - super stock for SCCA).
Unfortunately, your 996TT cannot run SCCA stock class. The simplest prep class you can run is ASP. I wouldn't let that discourage you. I would hazard that the top PAX SCCA driver in your region could still PAX top 5 in your car at a local event. Autox is 90% driver. 10% car. Have fun!
Old 02-11-2011 | 10:48 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Originally Posted by balefire
Unfortunately, your 996TT cannot run SCCA stock class. The simplest prep class you can run is ASP. I wouldn't let that discourage you. I would hazard that the top PAX SCCA driver in your region could still PAX top 5 in your car at a local event. Autox is 90% driver. 10% car. Have fun!
Oops, was thinking the 996TT was classed the same as the 996 GT3, but you're right.

Quick Reply: Cabin fever yet?