Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

What made you into an audio enthusiast/audiophile?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Nokona
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first time I heard Live Dead by the Grateful Dead, within weeks I went out and bought at the time was a high end stereo.
Name:  220px-Live_Dead.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  19.4 KB
Old 04-19-2011, 01:49 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

At about 12, a specialty audio store opened up around the corner from my house (Sound Factor in Encino, CA). One day, curiosity got the best of me and I wandered in with my best friend. The owner was nice enough to put on a LP for us, probably of the Beatles. We were both hooked. The sound, the nuances, the bass; it was wonderful. My best friend had very wealthy parents and before long, he had a set of Infinity RS2B's and a Conrad Johnson preamp and monoblocs as his bedroom system. I had to "settle" for a NAD 3020 and some Infinity RS8A's.

Since then, I've always had a good 2 channel system. I have always found peace in listening to music and discovering new layers of sound within a recording. There's just something special about it to me. I'm in the midst of another round of theater / listening system upgrades and I can't wait to re-listen and re-discover a chunk of my music library again.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:06 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
At about 12, a specialty audio store opened up around the corner from my house (Sound Factor in Encino, CA). One day, curiosity got the best of me and I wandered in with my best friend. The owner was nice enough to put on a LP for us, probably of the Beatles. We were both hooked. The sound, the nuances, the bass; it was wonderful. My best friend had very wealthy parents and before long, he had a set of Infinity RS2B's and a Conrad Johnson preamp and monoblocs as his bedroom system. I had to "settle" for a NAD 3020 and some Infinity RS8A's.

Since then, I've always had a good 2 channel system. I have always found peace in listening to music and discovering new layers of sound within a recording. There's just something special about it to me. I'm in the midst of another round of theater / listening system upgrades and I can't wait to re-listen and re-discover a chunk of my music library again.
And that's exactly what it's all about. You don't need to be an audiophile for that. When a guy came into my store recently he told me his name was Dave and proudly announced, "I'm an audiophile"! At that point I had an imaginary appointment somewhere (coffee with a mate)
Old 04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
luis1
1st Gear

I've always suchlike penalisation, not conscionable 'liking it,' but actually hearing to the somebody instruments, imagery, soundstage, etc. At 18, I purchased my ordinal "genuine" photograph, including turntable. I remaining it at plate after I joined the soldierlike. While in the expeditionary, I got wedded and rapt my partner out with me. Since I was now deed an apartment and not living in the barracks, I brought posterior 3 suitcases, one with clothes, 2 with my photo omit speakers, too big. I vindicatory purchased few new ones after exploit the lodging. Until I did, I misused headphones.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Maleficio
Three Wheelin'

Audiophile, or lover of music. There is a difference.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:27 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

I believe the two are inextricably intertwined. Without a love of the source material, highly accurate reproduction becomes pointless.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

true dat ....

Quick Reply: What made you into an audio enthusiast/audiophile?