Sponsored by:

Good experience with Fidelity

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 01:38 AM
theplings
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Retinasurgeon
I am wondering if and indy shops have good experience with fidelity. Anyone use an indy shop for their fidelity repairs?
I had my first repair(radiator and temp sensor) a few months ago, my Indy had no issues - I just gave them Fidelity's phone number and my contract number - when the repair was complete I just came in and paid the deductible. Zero hassle on my end and the shop said they were fine to deal with, no issues.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:55 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i've had good experience with Fidelity platinum coverage at local dealer on my previous 02 996 C2. Have 6 yr 60k platinum on 07 997TT but haven't had to use it yet-

wifes- 07 Boxster S Tip with 77k miles has Fidelity Platinum 6 yr 60k miles coverage that expires in Oct 17- They covered several minor items since 2011. In april 2017 Fidelity covered $3.5k in cost for steering rack, motor mounts, Combi Valve. Earlier this month got CEL 0741- Torque Converter Lock up Clutch- Fidelity paid $3.8k in cost for new Torque Converter, fluids, etc- I also bought new Bosch starter at my cost to install while my trans/starter was out. Very satisfied with Fidelity- Platinum Coverage never had any hassle whatsoever- i'd buy again.

Last edited by bgrpph; 08-16-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:37 AM
kahane18
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Im just wondering what is the cost of this Platinum coverage for a TTS with 36k miles?
Old 08-17-2017, 12:19 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

If you already have an existing coverage with Fidelity, can it be extended for a discounted price?

Just wondering if anyone has tried doing this.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Looking at a 997.1TT that has a Fidelity Warranty until 2020...Glad I found this thread. Seems like it's really worth having on these cars.

Thank you.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:25 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Looking at a 997.1TT that has a Fidelity Warranty until 2020...Glad I found this thread. Seems like it's really worth having on these cars.

Thank you.
sir, go back to blowing up your cummins.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
sir, go back to blowing up your cummins.
Well!!! Look who we have here!!!!

You're on the wrong forum bruh... lol

Guess you graduated from the Fords to Porsche?
Old 09-12-2017, 11:39 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Well!!! Look who we have here!!!!

You're on the wrong forum bruh... lol

Guess you graduated from the Fords to Porsche?
still got 3 of them , and only 1 under 1000hp .. and at the moment they all run under their own power !

yeah i have a pretty fun 997TT .
Old 09-24-2017, 07:09 AM
Britzky9
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Have a deposit on an '08 TT. Considering warranty...ran a search and did not find my answer, so figured I'd ask it here:

How many folks bought a warranty and didn't have to use it?

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:59 PM
RodneyB
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Back in August I purchased my 997 Turbo Tiptronic with only 15K miles. I had the PPI performed by my independent shop that kept my 08 Boxster S serviced. We found nothing at all wrong with the car except for the spoiler wing rams leaking and the seller discounted the repair for these from the final price. I ended up changing the plugs since they were OE along with the serpentine belt, the air cleaner and flushed the brake system. I have addressed the 997 issues most folks deal with like replacing the soft touch finish on the console with one of Eric’s beautiful painted units, I replaced the AC/Fan switches, and I updated the PCM with a Dension BT gateway etc. I have recently had the water pump fail without warning and have read about some of the other things that can and sometimes do happen to these cars so I have been shopping around for an extended warranty. I feel like the Fidelity Platinum is the best going based on Rennlist comments. My wife and I want to keep this car for a while and enjoy the experience without the fear of a super expensive repair bill down the road. I have gotten a quote from the folks at Circle Audi in Long Beach CA for a 3-4-6- and 7 year policy with 10K miles per year and a $250 deductible for what looks like a reasonable price. Cost is roughly $1k per year for a 6 year 60K mile plan and a bit more for the shorter plans. I have only gotten two quotes but the Circle Audi is the best so far. They also quoted out to 7 years,. This is the new car Platinum Coverage so (I assume because of the low miles) it should cover just about anything that might happen. OK so here is my question, has anyone recently purchased a plan and is this about what is standard for this type of coverage? Mossy Motors was not picking up today and has not replied to my emails yet so I will be interested to see where they quote.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:51 AM
RodneyB
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RodneyB
Back in August I purchased my 997 Turbo Tiptronic with only 15K miles. I had the PPI performed by my independent shop that kept my 08 Boxster S serviced. We found nothing at all wrong with the car except for the spoiler wing rams leaking and the seller discounted the repair for these from the final price. I ended up changing the plugs since they were OE along with the serpentine belt, the air cleaner and flushed the brake system. I have addressed the 997 issues most folks deal with like replacing the soft touch finish on the console with one of Eric’s beautiful painted units, I replaced the AC/Fan switches, and I updated the PCM with a Dension BT gateway etc. I have recently had the water pump fail without warning and have read about some of the other things that can and sometimes do happen to these cars so I have been shopping around for an extended warranty. I feel like the Fidelity Platinum is the best going based on Rennlist comments. My wife and I want to keep this car for a while and enjoy the experience without the fear of a super expensive repair bill down the road. I have gotten a quote from the folks at Circle Audi in Long Beach CA for a 3-4-6- and 7 year policy with 10K miles per year and a $250 deductible for what looks like a reasonable price. Cost is roughly $1k per year for a 6 year 60K mile plan and a bit more for the shorter plans. I have only gotten two quotes but the Circle Audi is the best so far. They also quoted out to 7 years,. This is the new car Platinum Coverage so (I assume because of the low miles) it should cover just about anything that might happen. OK so here is my question, has anyone recently purchased a plan and is this about what is standard for this type of coverage? Mossy Motors was not picking up today and has not replied to my emails yet so I will be interested to see where they quote.
Update-- My purchase with Mike@ Mossy was great! https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...-shopping.html
Old 04-02-2018, 08:37 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Anyone know how “mod friendly” Fidelity is? I.e will they play games like “your lowering springs caused an engine mount failure” type of BS?
Old 04-03-2018, 03:34 AM
Norgeiron
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fidelity Platinum already paid for itself

My story: I bought the 6 year Fidelity Platinum warranty two years ago from Mossy Motors in New Orleans, and my 997.1 TT manual now has 20,000 miles on the clock. The rear wing recently stopped going up, plus I got a warning light on the dashboard to bring the car to a workshop, so I took it to Porsche of Honolulu for repair. Turns out that the hydraulic motor for the wing needed replacement, and the part was $3,500 alone. That's more than I paid for the warranty. They also picked up the tab for the two cracked coils that prompted the dashboard warning. While they had the car on the lift and the rear partially disassembled, I paid for new spark plugs and the other four coils. My share came to $750 of the total parts and labor pop of about $5,800, so the Platinum warranty already paid for itself and I have another four years of warranty left.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:37 PM
mobilegun
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have the gold plus or lower plan and run into issues with claims?
I'm shopping the cost/difference between the platinum and the rest. Obviously the platinum plan is ideal but can be a non trivial difference in cost diff between the 2. of course you never know what might happen and like all insurance it would be annoying to be on the wrong side of the claim.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:27 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mobilegun
Anyone have the gold plus or lower plan and run into issues with claims?
I'm shopping the cost/difference between the platinum and the rest. Obviously the platinum plan is ideal but can be a non trivial difference in cost diff between the 2. of course you never know what might happen and like all insurance it would be annoying to be on the wrong side of the claim.
Just get the platinum care. then hope you blow the motor. then get a 3.8 build with gt2rs turbos

Quick Reply: Good experience with Fidelity