Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fidelity Platinum purchase (Whew!! finally done shopping)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:14 PM
RodneyB
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fidelity Platinum purchase (Whew!! finally done shopping)

OK ,I just sealed the deal today after looking into several different companies and sales outlets for an extended warranty on my 07 997TT. My last car was an 08 987S limited Edition 6MT (a great little car) and I fell in love with the P cars. My dream car has always been the 911 TT so when I found a 997TT with Tiptronic in storage with 15,000 I had a very thorough inspection done on it and bought it. I have gotten all the little issues squared away and absolutely love the car but have just about been afraid to drive it due to some of the terrible things that can happen with this platform. I was especially nervous about the time it spent in storage prior to my buying it. I have read on the forum that Fidelity will not sell extended warranties on cars over 10 years old and a few other claims that were wrong or incomplete. So I have been shopping, and learning.
The best deal I found by far was from Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors. He beat the second best deal by $1500 on a 6 year 60K mile plan. Michael told me Fidelity pricing is based on the miles and VIN of the car and he actually gave me a great quote on a 7 year plan. The final deal was for a $250 deductible 6-60 Platinum plan that cost me $4246 total. I know this is a car I will keep for several years and now I can drive it without the worries of something going sideways. For anyone looking for extended coverage I could not recommend Mossy more highly. Just text the full VIN and current mileage to 504-352-8796 for a no hassle quote. And Yes Michael told me it would be fine to give out this number. Great guy to deal with after a few not so great to deal with deals…..
Old 10-19-2017, 12:30 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 356 Posts

Good deal, thanks for the info.great price!
My current Platinum policy on my 07 expires next year (Oct) so I have been wondering if I could extend it for a few more years? Guess I can reach out to Michael.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:18 AM
05Mdriver
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Picked up my Fidelity warranty through Mike too - great guy / great price.

Smooth and easy transaction.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:50 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Mike is #1! I emailed him my car's VIN and miles, he called, promised to email quotes. Soon enough, he did and he beat the other prices handily. I got the 3 year Platinum. Thanks Mike!
Old 12-28-2017, 11:22 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RodneyB
OK ,I just sealed the deal today after looking into several different companies and sales outlets for an extended warranty on my 07 997TT. My last car was an 08 987S limited Edition 6MT (a great little car) and I fell in love with the P cars. My dream car has always been the 911 TT so when I found a 997TT with Tiptronic in storage with 15,000 I had a very thorough inspection done on it and bought it. I have gotten all the little issues squared away and absolutely love the car but have just about been afraid to drive it due to some of the terrible things that can happen with this platform. I was especially nervous about the time it spent in storage prior to my buying it. I have read on the forum that Fidelity will not sell extended warranties on cars over 10 years old and a few other claims that were wrong or incomplete. So I have been shopping, and learning.
The best deal I found by far was from Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors. He beat the second best deal by $1500 on a 6 year 60K mile plan. Michael told me Fidelity pricing is based on the miles and VIN of the car and he actually gave me a great quote on a 7 year plan. The final deal was for a $250 deductible 6-60 Platinum plan that cost me $4246 total. I know this is a car I will keep for several years and now I can drive it without the worries of something going sideways. For anyone looking for extended coverage I could not recommend Mossy more highly. Just text the full VIN and current mileage to 504-352-8796 for a no hassle quote. And Yes Michael told me it would be fine to give out this number. Great guy to deal with after a few not so great to deal with deals…..
Purchased from him today! Sent me the price sheets and said your cost is 55% of that. Very cool. RJ
Old 12-29-2017, 01:01 AM
theplings
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

+1 for MJ, bought mine a year ago from him
Old 01-02-2018, 11:27 PM
s65e90
Race Car

Received 822 Likes on 570 Posts

What's to be scared of? Why buy a car that you won't drive. It's a car like any else.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:48 AM
RodneyB
Instructor

Originally Posted by s65e90
What's to be scared of? Why buy a car that you won't drive. It's a car like any else.
Yup, I get your point. So your Porsche is just a car like any other?

So I'm sure you go through the pot holes instead of around them? You probably pull up to parking curbs till you hear something scrape or better yet feel it grind the bottom of the lip? Do you drive your car when the roads are covered in ice or in the mud or better yet in the nasty ice melt stuff that corrodes the underside of the cars?

I am not afraid to drive my car but since I have several cars to drive I usually do. Unlike you, I consider my 997 Turbo kind of SPECIAL, as in my pride and joy SPECIAL. I keep it clean and covered in my garage and I only take it out when I want to and not as an everyday, park it anywhere, drive it like its stolen car like any other car. It also happens to be older than all my other cars combined and costs more to repair. My water pump which went out within the first 1000 miles cost $1400 to replace. I read about some folks having cam issues, coolant leak issues and a few others big ticket repairs that I don't want to worry about over the next 6 years. I really don't need to justify my decision to buy extended warranty to you or anyone else. thanks for your thoughts.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:07 PM
s65e90
Race Car

Yup, I get your point. So your Porsche is just a car like any other?

So I'm sure you go through the pot holes instead of around them? You probably pull up to parking curbs till you hear something scrape or better yet feel it grind the bottom of the lip? Do you drive your car when the roads are covered in ice or in the mud or better yet in the nasty ice melt stuff that corrodes the underside of the cars?

I am not afraid to drive my car but since I have several cars to drive I usually do. Unlike you, I consider my 997 Turbo kind of SPECIAL, as in my pride and joy SPECIAL. I keep it clean and covered in my garage and I only take it out when I want to and not as an everyday, park it anywhere, drive it like its stolen car like any other car. It also happens to be older than all my other cars combined and costs more to repair. My water pump which went out within the first 1000 miles cost $1400 to replace. I read about some folks having cam issues, coolant leak issues and a few others big ticket repairs that I don't want to worry about over the next 6 years. I really don't need to justify my decision to buy extended warranty to you or anyone else. thanks for your thoughts.
But yet you did, lol. And no I don't pull up to curbs till I hit them with any car, be it a Porshce or my truck. All my cars are very well taken care off, but I don't fear driving it, as again, it's just a car.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:11 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 962 Posts

An expensive to repair car!

Pay to play boys. Pay to play.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:37 PM
s65e90
Race Car

Originally Posted by 996AE
An expensive to repair car!

Pay to play boys. Pay to play.
This is true. I do (most) all my own work. Being mechanically inclined helps when driving expensive cars, otherwise the maintenance can kill ya.

People should know that warranty does not = maintenance plan.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:16 PM
RodneyB
Instructor

People should know that warranty does not = maintenance plan.
Thanks for sharing, Now can you explain what makes a Porsche 997Turbo like any other car?
Old 01-03-2018, 01:22 PM
s65e90
Race Car

Thanks for sharing, Now can you explain what makes a Porsche 997Turbo like any other car?
For starters, 4 wheels, an engine and transmission. It's also a mass produced car. I'm not saying I don't love my cars, and treat them with extreme car (ask anyone who knows me, my cars look MINT), but I also know that life is short, tomorrow isn't promised, and I'll be damned if I "fear" the car or am gonna worry myself into not driving it. I mean, really what's the sense in that, that's all. Relax a little.

I drive my car everywhere. I just drove it from NY to FL. Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but gets ya nowhere.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:24 PM
s65e90
Race Car

IMO a tiptronic 997tt is the ultimate daily driver. Porsche designed these cars to be GT cars. Really a do-it-all tool for every day. There's nothing like it.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:36 PM
RodneyB
Instructor

IMO a tiptronic 997tt is the ultimate daily driver. Porsche designed these cars to be GT cars. Really a do-it-all tool for every day. There's nothing like it.
We can agree on this point at least.
I put 10,000 on my 08 Boxter S the last year I owned it and have driven 3,000 miles in the six months that I have owned my 997. I plan to drive it about 6K per year but just wanted to have some piece of mind while doing it, that is all. I'm 65 years old and have had many cars but I consider the two Porshes that I have owned to be quite different than all other cars. I made my living as a mechanic back in the 70s for a Volkswagen dealership and still do all my own maintenance and have done most of the mods on my car so I know a little bit about cars in general and the 997TT in particular. So to me no other car feels like a Porsche, and that is why I reject the notion that a 997 Turbo is just like any other car.

Last edited by RodneyB; 01-05-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Fidelity Platinum purchase (Whew!! finally done shopping)