Sponsored by:

Good experience with Fidelity

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 05:52 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Good experience with Fidelity

Last week I got in the car and noticed some pixels were out on my LCD near the speedo.. Ugh. (see pic)

I have a Fidelity Platinum policy and figured it should be covered..

Dropped it off at the dealer (and got a 2016 Cayenne as a loaner) and they worked directly w/ Fidelity to make the claim. An inspector had to come out and verify before they would authorize.

The only factory approved repair is to replace the entire instrument cluster.. Big $$ (Like over 3K)

I had always contemplated changing out my dials to the guards red ones.. perfect time now, eh? I asked the dealer about “upgrading” from the standard part to the red-gauge version.. They confirmed they could do this for the delta in cost of the two..

In parallel to this, I had researched getting my cluster repaired outside of the warranty, and also the cost of upgrading the gauges to red as well. The cost of the aftermarket upgrade was almost the same as the factory new replacement delta, so I decided to have the dealer do it with a factory part.

I now wait 8-10 weeks for the cluster to be built at which time I go back and they install it..

My first claim with Fidelity so far, glad I had the Platinum coverage..

Will post pics when I get it installed.

Old 11-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Ruskiy
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 130 Posts

Thanks for posting positive feedback. I was worried that they wouldn't cover costs up-front. I am always afraid of them saying something along the lines of: "Replace it, pay the dealer yourself, and then we will refund this cost."
Old 11-02-2016, 06:10 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I have nothing bad to say about Fidelity, they were really easy to work with on my big cam claim. Glad that has continued!
Old 11-02-2016, 06:55 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they replaced my Carrera s motor on my 2005 c2s

it was a 23k bill!

no issues they just paid the dealer!

I have a 6 year warranty on my turbo, no claims yet.. the car is solid.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:57 PM
cdnewton
Advanced

Good to here as I just dropped 5k for 4yr/48k platinum plan for an '11 tt-s! Thanks!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Retinasurgeon
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saabin
Last week I got in the car and noticed some pixels were out on my LCD near the speedo.. Ugh. (see pic)

I have a Fidelity Platinum policy and figured it should be covered..

Dropped it off at the dealer (and got a 2016 Cayenne as a loaner) and they worked directly w/ Fidelity to make the claim. An inspector had to come out and verify before they would authorize.

The only factory approved repair is to replace the entire instrument cluster.. Big $$ (Like over 3K)

I had always contemplated changing out my dials to the guards red ones.. perfect time now, eh? I asked the dealer about “upgrading” from the standard part to the red-gauge version.. They confirmed they could do this for the delta in cost of the two..

In parallel to this, I had researched getting my cluster repaired outside of the warranty, and also the cost of upgrading the gauges to red as well. The cost of the aftermarket upgrade was almost the same as the factory new replacement delta, so I decided to have the dealer do it with a factory part.

I now wait 8-10 weeks for the cluster to be built at which time I go back and they install it..

My first claim with Fidelity so far, glad I had the Platinum coverage..

Will post pics when I get it installed.

Agreed Fidelity covered the MAF sensor on my Turbo, no problem. They are great.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:12 PM
996_soon
Instructor

Good to hear, I bought a 4/yr 48k Fidelity warranty back in Aug. It's good to hear you had a positive experience.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I was just about to post a positive review about Fidelity...

About a week ago, I was driving around town and noticed a thrashing noise suddenly come from the engine bay. It turns out one of the cords from the serpentine belt frayed. Porsche was only a few blocks away so i drove it directly to them. They confirmed the noise was coming from a frayed serpentine belt and a pulley could have caused premature wear of the belt. They reconfirmed this after the official inspection and that it'll cost $1800 to fix. Fidelity agreed to fix the entire thing, i pay the deductible.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:17 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

OTOH, a friend has his 997.1 C4 in the shop, I'm trying to help him. At my reco, he has Fidelity. Axle failed. Fidelity is saying it is due to a failed bolt, so not their problem, it wasn't the "covered" parts. I think this is BS. $4,200 bill. We'll see what I can do, I'll report back. (I only had one claim on my Fidelity Platinum so far, water pump, and they paid up no problems.)
Old 11-03-2016, 12:27 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Let me get Fidelity. My turbo is out of warranty.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:28 PM
cdnewton
Advanced

Originally Posted by jcnesq
OTOH, a friend has his 997.1 C4 in the shop, I'm trying to help him. At my reco, he has Fidelity. Axle failed. Fidelity is saying it is due to a failed bolt, so not their problem, it wasn't the "covered" parts. I think this is BS. $4,200 bill. We'll see what I can do, I'll report back. (I only had one claim on my Fidelity Platinum so far, water pump, and they paid up no problems.)
Does he have the platinum plan? Seems like a lot of bad reviews come from those that didnt get the exclusionary policy. I dont see axle or axle bolt list as not covered!
Old 11-03-2016, 02:58 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Originally Posted by cdnewton
Does he have the platinum plan? Seems like a lot of bad reviews come from those that didnt get the exclusionary policy. I dont see axle or axle bolt list as not covered!
what exclusionary policy? Can you explain further before I buy the policy.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:20 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
what exclusionary policy? Can you explain further before I buy the policy.
Just a quick answer..
http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices....cle-protection

Most exrtended warranty policies list the very specific items that are covered, including most of the levels of the Fidelity policy..

Their Platinum is an exclusionary policy, which means that everything would be covered EXCEPT for the items specifically listed.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:55 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Good to know. i guess if you are thinking about keeping the car for another 5 years then its a good option.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:48 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Last year fidelity paid for my charcoal canister for the exhaust system, no problem there. I have a service appointment next week and intend to claim my tpms sensors, we will find out if they are as good as we thought. So far, it has been very good working with them.

Quick Reply: Good experience with Fidelity