Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just changed O2 sensors and now CEL :( - Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 08:43 AM
jaycm3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened to me..I put new orings and clips and cleaned the hoses w carb cleaner to get rid of any grease and they have been solid
Old 04-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ctony66
That is strange. They usually clip in pretty solid. You can try removing the clip and squeezing it so it's a tighter fit. have you replaced the seals? I see you have black ones and mine are green. Also they need to be completely dry when installed. I put heavy silicone grease on mine at one point (thin coating) and they leaked real bad. When you clipped them in did you tug and twist them real hard to be sure they were clipped on both sides?
uhg... i put some oil on the O Ring this time... thought it would help seal it. That's probably what did it. I made the clip much tighter, but should have put a zip tie around it to make it even more tight. Wish there was a way to fix it without having to take the bumper off. I've taken my rear off 3-4 times already... I'm getting tired of doing this lol

Originally Posted by jaycm3
Same thing happened to me..I put new orings and clips and cleaned the hoses w carb cleaner to get rid of any grease and they have been solid
Either of you know the part number for the O Ring? Best i just replace them.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:43 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 366 Posts

Based on what I see it's 99610680106.

$4.15 each at Sonnen.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by saabin
Based on what I see it's 99610680106.

$4.15 each at Sonnen.
thanks, so i will do this again... hopefully for the last time in a while. Btw I called my local dealer Ray Catena and they wanted $11/ea. Was able to talk them down to $6.50 each. Not bad.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:25 PM
jaycm3
Advanced

99610680106 (orings..new ones are green) paid $6 ea at ecs tuning
99710680205 (u clamps) paid $3 ea
Old 04-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

so annoyed I put oil on the O Ring... think this is the first time I ever heard of lubricating an O Ring being a bad thing

i also am a complete tool, i found out my O2 sensors are covered by fidelity warranty, and i did them myself. Glad i did it, but still... could have saved a headache.

Last edited by Ibanezgod; 04-11-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:11 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
so annoyed I put oil on the O Ring... think this is the first time I ever heard of lubricating an O Ring being a bad thing i also am a complete tool, i found out my O2 sensors are covered by fidelity warranty, and i did them myself. Glad i did it, but still... could have saved a headache.
They are covered if you have error codes

I did not have any codes or would have had them do mine too.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:12 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by turbofever
They are covered if you have error codes

I did not have any codes or would have had them do mine too.
i had error codes.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:28 PM
ctony66
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

live and learn. I do it a lot
Old 04-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by ctony66
live and learn. I do it a lot
haha it's water under the bridge. I don't have a stock exhaust and a tune so they may not have covered it anyways.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Figured id share hopefully my last boost hose fix. I believe the new O ring really helped. And removing the boost hose from the Y pipe rather than trying to press the intercooler intake onto the rubber Y pipe hose while it was still attached to the car.

You can see the O Ring that slipped off, that damn whoooshing sound was back with the CEL. Total loss of power.

You can also see the new O-ring (green) that is smaller and less worn out than the old black one. I'm sure the black is the original.

I missed a beautiful day to go for a drive, but finally got this all finished and the car is back to 100%, no CEL and tons of power.

All better with a little helper too
Attached Images     
Old 04-18-2016, 10:14 AM
jaycm3
Advanced

good news...your like me..must have pulled the rear bumper off ten times in the last month. Had to do it again because i forgot to connect the license plate harness
Old 04-18-2016, 10:20 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by jaycm3
good news...your like me..must have pulled the rear bumper off ten times in the last month. Had to do it again because i forgot to connect the license plate harness
i'm at least all-pro at it now. I think my gf knows how to take it off no questions asked too. I have a built in laser jammer to my license plate bracket and had to build a wire connector harness to plug and unplug each time too. So it's a two person job. Really hoping this is the last time... until I upgrade the intercoolers.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:45 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
i'm at least all-pro at it now. I think my gf knows how to take it off no questions asked too. I have a built in laser jammer to my license plate bracket and had to build a wire connector harness to plug and unplug each time too. So it's a two person job. Really hoping this is the last time... until I upgrade the intercoolers.
Heh, I'm now to the point I can do it myself, although I just have the license plate late to deal with..

You have jammer connections in front and back?
Old 04-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by saabin
Heh, I'm now to the point I can do it myself, although I just have the license plate late to deal with..

You have jammer connections in front and back?
yes i do. I'm just hoping my connectors in the rear are working. When I first took off the bumper the jammer installer hard wired it through the rear light and through the bumper via a hole behind the license plate. Stupid design and had to cut the wire and put one of these doohickeys on to make it detachable when removing the bumper since the custom plate obviously can't go through the bumper

Quick Reply: Just changed O2 sensors and now CEL :( - Help