Sponsored by:

997.1 turbo side air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 04:08 PM
troyton
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 turbo side air intakes

Does anyone have any ideas to add a bit of contrast to the side air intakes on an 08 atlas gray turbo? Maybe a stainless mesh ? The intake ducts match the car and just looking for a bit of pop.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:24 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

When it comes to style points, it's all about personal preference, so just my two cents: If it were my car and I wanted to add some pop, I would go to a silver-colored wheel -- either painted or brushed. I think the black wheels on the dark paint is what's creating the need for something eye-catching.

BTW -- I love Atlas -- such a great color!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,375 Likes on 795 Posts

you could always do carbon fiber.

I think stainless mesh would look absolutely horrific, but if that makes you happy, go for it.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:49 PM
troyton
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
you could always do carbon fiber.

I think stainless mesh would look absolutely horrific, but if that makes you happy, go for it.
I was thinking carbon fiber but wasnt sure there would be enought difference. I may look into that
Old 04-18-2016, 04:51 PM
troyton
5th Gear

[QUOTE=PorscheStrong;13209880]When it comes to style points, it's all about personal preference, so just my two cents: If it were my car and I wanted to add some pop, I would go to a silver-colored wheel -- either painted or brushed. I think the black wheels on the dark paint is what's creating the need for something eye-catching.

Thats on my list. I am going to buy a set of the turbo wheels once I come across a nice set. The pics really do no justice to this color combo but I would like the option to switch it up.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
When it comes to style points, it's all about personal preference, so just my two cents: If it were my car and I wanted to add some pop, I would go to a silver-colored wheel -- either painted or brushed. I think the black wheels on the dark paint is what's creating the need for something eye-catching.
+1

New wheels would make a big difference on that car.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:20 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong

this, you have a dark car with dark interior and dark wheels. putting a mesh or colored side intake isn't going to help and if anything will make it look odd. I would suggest going with gunmetal or silver wheels. Google some images of Atlas turbos and you'll get some ideas.

Quick Reply: 997.1 turbo side air intakes