997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up the 997tt this Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017 | 12:52 AM
Danny997TT
Track Day

I realize this thread is a bit old, but I am looking into purchasing your car from a dealership in North Carolina. Any pertinent information you could share would be greatly appreciated. Also, why are you getting rid of the vehicle so quickly. I noticed that you picked it up at the beginning of the year and have already gotten rid of it. Anything wrong? Thank you in advance for any help!
Old 01-01-2017 | 01:28 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Danny997TT
I realize this thread is a bit old, but I am looking into purchasing your car from a dealership in North Carolina. Any pertinent information you could share would be greatly appreciated. Also, why are you getting rid of the vehicle so quickly. I noticed that you picked it up at the beginning of the year and have already gotten rid of it. Anything wrong? Thank you in advance for any help!
What car are you asking about??
Old 01-01-2017 | 11:55 AM
996_soon
Instructor

Assuming you're referring to my previous 07 turbo, I traded the car in for a 15 991 C2. I simply wanted a newer 911 under CPO with low miles that I can drive every day. In fact, in the 6 weeks I've had the 991, I've put 2k miles compared to 4k miles I've put on the turbo during my 9 month of ownership.

What you should know about my previous turbo is that it was involved in a parking collision. Some 18yr kid decided he could squeeze in between my car and a dumpster. There was $1700+ in damages. If you're serious about making the purchase, PM me and we can discuss further. The recent maintenance was done by replacing the plugs/coils and oil/filter. Car ran strong and I took great care of her. I miss her but I just couldn't afford to keep two pcars.
Old 01-01-2017 | 06:29 PM
Danny997TT
Track Day

Thanks so much for the information. I greatly appreciate it. I'm a little hesitant on purchasing a car that has a "blemished" car fax...if in fact it does. This is something that I will have to look into. I'll PM you should I get serious about the car. To be honest, I am getting close to pulling the trigger on another one, but then saw your old car show up at Cosmo Motors in Hickory, NC. I love the color combo and used to live in Chapel Hill. This will be my first p-car and I have considered a 991 as well. Given that you owned both, any preference? This won't be my daily driver, but having one of these cars out of warranty can get a bit scary...at least from what I read. Fortunately, this forum has provided an excellent resource. I never would have guessed I could have obtained unbiased car history from a previous owner. Thanks again for your time. Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2017 | 07:12 PM
rockhouse66
Rennlist Member

The Carfax is posted on the Cosmo site and no indication of the accident. Very nice looking car at what I think is about the market price (or a little below?) for the miles.
Old 01-01-2017 | 07:16 PM
996_soon
Instructor

Thanks so much for the information. I greatly appreciate it. I'm a little hesitant on purchasing a car that has a "blemished" car fax...if in fact it does. This is something that I will have to look into. I'll PM you should I get serious about the car. To be honest, I am getting close to pulling the trigger on another one, but then saw your old car show up at Cosmo Motors in Hickory, NC. I love the color combo and used to live in Chapel Hill. This will be my first p-car and I have considered a 991 as well. Given that you owned both, any preference? This won't be my daily driver, but having one of these cars out of warranty can get a bit scary...at least from what I read. Fortunately, this forum has provided an excellent resource. I never would have guessed I could have obtained unbiased car history from a previous owner. Thanks again for your time. Happy New Year!
The carfax does not report the minor accident. In fact, I just check their listing and it still doesn't show it. Not sure why. This goes to show you, you cannot 100% trust carfax. Most use paint meters to measure thickness of paint on the panels and schedule ppi's. I don't think I can really compare a 997 turbo with a 991 C2. Two totally different cars. Had I bought a 991 turbo, then I can make somewhat a better comparison. For me, I just wanted to get the newest 911 with the lowest miles I could afford with the right options. As for warranty, there are aftermarket options. I had a 4yr/40k mi Fidelity plan, which luckily I never had to use it. Again, pm your email and I can send you the pic from when the car was scraped. GL.
Old 01-02-2017 | 03:57 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Carfax typically only shows up if a police report is generated.

Quick Reply: Picking up the 997tt this Sunday